technomate 9100

the 9100 can take a hard drive it is on par with dream box and can do almost the same the only down side i have heard is that it cant do a blind search that most other technomates can do but from what i have read its only prob is no hd capabilities

Can someone pm where I can get one of these for 109 please.

Thanks.

I've had one of these for a while.

downsides
There are only two real sets of images for them juliet and UR (currently at 8b3)
Cam support is a little weird, I found my Dragon cam which was solid in my old TM1500 caused the 9100 to coredump occasionally.

Plus sides
The drop in price has gained a lot of interest
It appears to like samsung 250Gb hdd's a lot :)
new images are coming at the rate of about 2 a month - softcam support is getting better each time, recording quality is much better than my sky+ box and I use the 9100 now for nearly all my recording since I got a diablo cam which has proved to be rock solid in the thing

nice one babblings.seems theres a more plus side to this box.with more people buying it due to the price drop support can only get better.i also have a diablo cam but can you confirm to me please if you get english audio(using diablo) on youre premier world channels with the tm9100.As i could not get the english audio to work on my echo 2110 with the diablo.
Thanks in advance,
regards sachin.

Had this on yesterday, not fully setup, only with Astra 28.2. With my DM7000 the maximum SNR I was getting was about 80%. With the TM9100 I'm at 98-100%. So the tuner is definitely better than the Dream.

More updates soon.

well i bit the bullet and bought one off e-thingy £117.50 all in im a bit gutted though because my tm1500 is going on the shelf and ive never had any trouble with it, cant wait get my hands on 9100 though lol

well done marra,just think linux,network enabled think of the possibilities;)

my 1500 went not too long after i bought it. i've got to wait 10 weeks till i can get my 9100 though:(

seriously thinking of getting a cheap echolink reciever just for premiere and tps a/u for now.

.........he marra u wont be wanting to watch ur team much next season when u see our 2 rejects in the jjb,especially tightarse bramble :roflmao:

cheers krazy, linux - great minds think a like lol,
and if you men have changed your mind you can have tightarse back my vans back from the garage tomorrow so ill quite happily take the day off work and drop him off, honestly its no trouble lol. i havent had my season ticket renewel back yet they are definatly pushing there luck with signings like him not to botherd about sibi/siber...... that other mon we signed lol

The 9100 looks a good deal at £109 but there seem to be quite a few bugs with it.
I've read that the motor control can be faulty,it doesnt support certain viewing cards inc NDS fully and it has probs with c/s.
I'm sure the support base will grow for this machine but until it does it could be blighted by problems.

Yes it seems a 'catch 22' thing.
First of all why do you think technomate have slashed the price?

Technomate became so popular with the 1000 series totally due to the amount of support. Now with the 9100 support is needed more so, since its so much more difficult. However, the main forum that is used for tm support (that we all know and hate) doesnt even allow talk of cardsharing and networking. How the hell can that be anything like the good support thats needed.
The fact that only 2 guys write the 2 different images will mean that its limited and cant be supported as much as rivals receivers. Without mass users, and without the users being able to chat and support each other, how can the box be taken seriously?
Technomate have had to do something to shift these, lets just hope its followed by a boost of support before its replaced by something new and completely forgotten.

Yes it seems a 'catch 22' thing.
However, the main forum that is used for tm support (that we all know and hate) doesnt even allow talk of cardsharing and networking. How the hell can that be anything like the good support thats needed.
Thats a major stumbling block
The fact that only 2 guys write the 2 different images will mean that its limited and cant be supported as much as rivals receivers.
2 people ,ah thats a joke.
I see alot of people are suggesting future possible upgrades and features they would like to see implemented.
I presume Technomate will increase the price once they have sold x amount which they reckon will guarantee an interest from users/developers.

nice one babblings.seems theres a more plus side to this box.with more people buying it due to the price drop support can only get better.i also have a diablo cam but can you confirm to me please if you get english audio(using diablo) on youre premier world channels with the tm9100.As i could not get the english audio to work on my echo 2110 with the diablo.
Thanks in advance,
regards sachin.

Sorry for not replying, was away with work.

yes I get both german and english audio via diablo on my TM9100, slightly slow to clear now but solid.

ok the forum that bans all discussion of C/S and ND$ discussion have got it wrong, i know of a hotel thats using 8 TM9100's with one sly card on a LAN, i also know of someone doing it over the internet with no problems at all

the place that wont mention it doesnt even need to mention it to help people get their recievers working, and as long as posts are worded very carefully so as not to draw search bot attention (and posts here are monitored for such things) theres no reason why they cant help, even via PM if needed be

but yes they will do it

you can get one now for £99 - great machine

I'm thinking of getting one but it seems to still be very buggy.
I'm leaning towards a Dm500s as it is a tried and trusted platform.
Is the 9100 worth getting instead ?

@ Fano

i have both machines m8, and while both are not 100% problem free i find the TM9100 to be a lot more stable and versatile than the DB500s

Also for an extra few quid you can add a HDD for PVR functionality as everything is in place internally to accept a hard drive

I just got one the other day and the thing that made me laugh was when I got home and saw this huge brown box, I thought maybe I got sent a DVD player by mistake :) But no, it was just the TM it's huge, well compared to the Dreambox anyway.

Still getting used to it but finding the remote a little bit annoying, im sure I will get used to it, sound seems a bit low and not sure about the tuner being better, i am getting around 70% SNR but it's all working fine.

Next step is to install the hard drive.

Frenchman

Back