technomate 9100

Hi people,

I've just bought one of the 9100's for £99 +p&p so £109.99 all in.

I think that it is identical to the ITGATE TGS100 if anyone knows anything about that ?

the tools and image set up stuff seems a little iffy - although maybe better for those of you used to the dreams - Im just replacing a 1500.

So...

Anyone know anything about the itgate ? images etc ? fancy bits? development stuff ?

thanks

The linux versions on the two boxes are almost the same so most of the images, programs, tools, etc. for the TGS100 will work with the TM-9100.

iBoot (multiboot program) was designed for the ItGate images but works with the TM-9100 booting images from the SD card. Best to use a proper 9100 image for the flash and use the memory card for ItGate images.

There's a few images and tools here...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=129378

can anyone tell me how good is this technomate 9100 for free channels asim new to this and very curious this game sounds so interesting

It depends on what you're looking to achieve.

The TM-9100 is quite in-depth and if you've never had a linux receiver before, it can be quite frustrating to get working. If you've had a dbox2 or a dreambox before then you'll love it.

I believe the TM-1500 is a much easier receiver to use but I'm not familiar with it so I'll let someone else tell you about that one.

But both receivers can be adapted to open French, Spanish and German Sky so it's not just FTA that's available.

i have thinkin about a dreambox but maybe its to much for a beginner wat you think i have a 1000d at the min

If you are confident with- networking computers, your router, firewalls & security, port forwarding, & IP addresses then I am sure you can learn the rest. You may have to understand how to make some minor linux file adjustments to configs, or how to use addons etc, but you can get help from here.

Dreambox, Tm9100, Relook, Triple Dragon, Dbox and any other linux receiver will totally frustrate a beginer if you do not understand networking, imho.

cheers for the advice im just so tempting to try this i check local sat shop that has this box and they are looking for 300 euro for this box its fully loaded they say is this expensive

If it's the TM-9100 you're talking about, you can get it for £109 here...

_http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_13&products_id=427

well i have only had my sat setup a week and already i have given in and ordered a tm-9100 lol hopefully will be here soon

Back