Technomate 800HD - no sound through HDMI ?

gokhan04uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello.

I just bought this box and connected it to my 42" Toshiba LCD tv through HDMI. There is picture but no sound through the HDMI sockets. I tried with a different tv it works perfectly but there is no sound when i connect it to my 42" Toshiba tv. I called the engineers, they came and took the tv and they said they couldnt find a fault with the HDMI boards or the settings of the tv.

Only thing i can think of is that its a software/firmware realted issue with this satellite box.

I will be happy if someone can help please.

I connected it to my 32" Toshiba AV607PG LCD tv through HDMI and it works correctly.

I think it might be a compatibility issue with the TV. I tried on samsung 24" LCD, it worked correctly. However it does not work on my 42" Toshiba. Engineers say they checked the HDMI boards nothing was wrong and they tried and it did work with other satellite and dvd players through the same HDMI sockets. I dont know. Im really p*** off

Hello.

I just bought this box and connected it to my 42" Toshiba LCD tv through HDMI. There is picture but no sound through the HDMI sockets. I tried with a different tv it works perfectly but there is no sound when i connect it to my 42" Toshiba tv. I called the engineers, they came and took the tv and they said they couldnt find a fault with the HDMI boards or the settings of the tv.

Only thing i can think of is that its a software/firmware realted issue with this satellite box.

I will be happy if someone can help please.

Hi Mate,

Are you connecting directly via HDMI or is it a DVI input with HDMI converter?

If it's an older TV they use to come with DVI inputs which could accept the HD Picture, but no sound carrier via that connection.

If it's a new TV then this will not be an issue?

Regards

Are you connecting directly via HDMI or is it a DVI input with HDMI converter?

TM800 is HDMI mate, no skanky DVI port like the DM800 ;)

On my older HDTV I needed to enable HDMI audio in the TV menu. It had an option for HDMI / Phono Audio or HDMI / HDMI Audio.

My current TV which is an LG didn't need any configuration.

Its a new TV. Im connecting through directly via HDMI. Not a DVI or a converter.

I used to have a 32" Toshiba Regza and you had to specifically enable sound through HDMI in the menu.

TM800 is HDMI mate, no skanky DVI port like the DM800 ;).

I know that witchy, but some older TV's only had DVI rather than HDMI so despite the HDMI output on the receiver which would send out the sound too if the receiver has a DVI input the sound would not be inputed.

Back