Technomate 6800 HD help please...

spazmonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok...

I've been rattling around this site searching for a few days, but as I'm a bit late to the party half the files seem to be missing.

I've had a 6800 HD since the good old days when everything was opened through softcam's and then Diablo Cam...

Everything stopped working a few years back and I've used it mainly for fta...

I want to get back into it, and before I go out and buy a new receiver to access a cccam server, I've seen that I can attach a null cable to it and use some software on my PC.

I have windows 7 64 bit, and have been trying to work out what software will work. Some of the download links are broken and pics are missing from how to posts, so I'm slightly lost as to what's best to use.

I've seen MPCS, WSP and HDVB...

Which one is compatible and is best to use? And a download link would be great if anyone has the exact setup.

If it's not viable and keeps freezing then I'll sell it and upgrade.

cheers.

is it a 6800 hd non super or super have you got a lan/internetport or not?

Cheers for that. I've got windows 7 though which that version doesn't work with.

I was wondering if there had been any updates.

I could install xp on another hdd I suppose and see how that works if no other options appear.

Right...

I got hold of HDVB v1.2.6 and installed on a copy of xp. Got a null cable, got the latest patch for my 6800HD (702p) and switched serial SSSP on.

After a bit of dicking around I was able to connect to my mates connection but get little dropouts...every key change. I also don't seem to be able to get dolby digital either...

I've played with all the port settings, but it still consistently glitches. My latency is averaging around 150ms...

So...is this the best I can do?

I can go about £250 on a new receiver, and was wondering if there are any HD boxes that are recommended. I presume linux is the way to go now?

have a look at the tm5402hd nonlinux lot of happy users around £150 inc. delivery
cccam/newcamd client only easy to set up and to use is pretty much the same as the 6800 non super

Hmm...

Is it worth me paying more and getting something more powerful?

I've always had technomates, so it would be an easy upgrade. Does it handle hd channels and dd5.1 decryption quickly enough over the network port?

decrypting fine on my tm7100+6902 with network port wich would work pretty much the same as the 5402 don't know about the dd5.1 i don't use that but some others do .The 02 series would have the extra features of youtube connection and divx player ect. and of course the 7-day epg on astra 28.2east name only or freesat uk 7-day epg full info wich are nice extra's.

Just an update...

Flogged the Technomate on Ebay. Got a Vu+ Duo for £245 and it's excellent...

No problems with cccam either.

Streaming over http is very useful especially to the ipad. Trying to get it working through windows media player too, but that's another story.

Back