Technomate 5402 M3 iptv epg

pedro892r

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello
I have iptv set up on the above box and all works great apart from the fact I have to exit iptv and go into sat tv to change channel on iptv. I think this would be cured with an epg but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what I need or how to apply an epg for iptv. EPG on sat tv is fine. I've searched extensively and can't find anything anywhere. I'm a noob to iptv.
Thanks for reading

you dont say how you are viewing the IPTV channels.

im going to assume the channels are in your bouquets.
use echannelizer to assign the correct service ID so that cross epg can give you full 7 day epg.

you dont say how you are viewing the IPTV channels.

im going to assume the channels are in your bouquets.
use echannelizer to assign the correct service ID so that cross epg can give you full 7 day epg.
Hiya
Thanks for the reply, no bouquet necessary with the TM5402M3, you just upload the m3u file straight to the box. If you know of a bouquet that works with the box that would be great coz just uploading the m3u to the box leaves you with limited functionality. No recording possible, no epg etc.

Hiya
Thanks for the reply, no bouquet necessary with the TM5402M3, you just upload the m3u file straight to the box. If you know of a bouquet that works with the box that would be great coz just uploading the m3u to the box leaves you with limited functionality. No recording possible, no epg etc.

what plugin are you using for viewing the channels?
what image are you using?

The box comes with iptv as standard as part of the factory build. No plugin required, just the most recent phantompatch so you're able to access the iptv s*rv*r. Nothing in the system info about a seperate plugin, just the pa*ch build no.

The box comes with iptv as standard as part of the factory build. No plugin required, just the most recent phantompatch so you're able to access the iptv s*rv*r. Nothing in the system info about a seperate plugin, just the pa*ch build no.

sorry i assumed this was an enigma2 reciver as it was a technomate. it seems it has some proprietary OS on it. I'd say you may have a difficult time finding support for this receiver.

sorry i assumed this was an enigma2 reciver as it was a technomate. it seems it has some proprietary OS on it. I'd say you may have a difficult time finding support for this receiver.
I thought so, it'll do for now, at least I can watch channels after sly sat*llit* channels going dark, to be honest I don't record much anyway and I can always buy a TV mag. Just thought it would be nice to have the choice to record and epg etc if I wanted it.
Again, thanks for replying.

I thought so, it'll do for now, at least I can watch channels after sly sat*llit* channels going dark, to be honest I don't record much anyway and I can always buy a TV mag. Just thought it would be nice to have the choice to record and epg etc if I wanted it.
Again, thanks for replying.

better off going for an enigma2 receiver instead of a mag box. you can do a lot more with them. They do require a lot of research to get up and running, but its well worth it

better off going for an enigma2 receiver instead of a mag box. you can do a lot more with them. They do require a lot of research to get up and running, but its well worth it
Thanks for the tip, I'm pretty savvy, as long as I have the steps to follow, so it shouldn't be a problem.

No EPG on the TM5402HD M3 but you can record IPTV just press the red button when your on an IPTV channel, you also need an external USB drive attached and configured for recording duties

No EPG on the TM5402HD M3 but you can record IPTV just press the red button when your on an IPTV channel, you also need an external USB drive attached and configured for recording duties
Tried that several times, it was the first thing I tried (I'm quite tech savvy) no joy at all.

Hello
I have iptv set up on the above box and all works great apart from the fact I have to exit iptv and go into sat tv to change channel on iptv. I think this would be cured with an epg but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what I need or how to apply an epg for iptv. EPG on sat tv is fine. I've searched extensively and can't find anything anywhere. I'm a noob to iptv.
Thanks for reading

Hi,
How on earth did you setup the IPTV o your 5402 M3 STB? I have been trying this for weeks with no success. In the Etertainment menu I have YouTube and all others except the IPTV option.

If your receiver is patched , last patch for this receiver 146 , there is NO support for this receiver now.
As you say go to (ent menu) you get (you tube down to tm online, just press the channel down button once more the IPTV option comes up.
You may a list of channels on your receiver but most of them will be (invalid channel), that side of the receiver has not been updated in a few years now

Den

If your receiver is patched , last patch for this receiver 146 , there is NO support for this receiver now.
As you say go to (ent menu) you get (you tube down to tm online, just press the channel down button once more the IPTV option comes up.
You may a list of channels on your receiver but most of them will be (invalid channel), that side of the receiver has not been updated in a few years now

Den

Thanks Den,

I have done that several time as per some other posts in this regard. However when I "OK" on TMOnline I get "Connection failed". The receiver tries to download from my router IP address (192.168.1.0). Surely this has to be from some external IP address! am I right? by the way I am Ethernet connected to my router so there is no issue of connection.

Last edited:
Hi Den,
I totally misunderstood your post mate. Thanks a million I fixed it by installing the 146 patch (stb) and got the IPTV and few other options appearing in the entertainment. As you said all IPTV links are redundant. Is it straight forward to download new m3u files in to the box?
many thanks again mate,
Rgds,
Bina

I am able to record IPTV on my Technomate 5402HD M3 but the recordings always cut out after 10-15 seconds, or 2,99mb, Does anyone know why or know of a fix for this? My receiver is patched with phantom patch 146 and I've tried various different hard drives and usb sticks in either slot bit the result is always the same.

Back