Technomate 3100 channel download

alan1476

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI guys I have been Installing the TM-3100 receiver (FTA) For a little while now and I was wondering if I could upload my Favourate channels to my Laptop. The reason why I am asking is that When my customers ask me to set up the favourate Channels for them I can download them via my laptop It will save me a lot of time. At the moment I am Transfering them Via serial lead at home the night before and My living room is full of set top boxes and is not going down to good with the other half.

you could save from your box to your laptop, then take the laptop to work, do it the same as youd install a channel list, but chage the upload to download on the channel tab then save it to your lappy, when sending to a customers box just do it as normal, but use the file you created

i use a 5200 instead of a 3100, and have a USB keyring with channel lists, all the latest patches and softcams and other releated stuff, easy upload via remote on the USB series of receivers, and quicker

Chears mate Thanks I will have a play and let you know. I was recomended to ask for you by paul @ signal tech in swansea. He said to ask for Digidude but I didnt like to ask as i just joined the fourum and I thought It might be a bit cheeky to ask for a particular person on the first post. Thanks again for the Help.

HI again digidude I have just tried to connect my tm-3100 to my laptop but cant establish a connection. I have a serial cable connected to the reciever and then it is connected to to a serial to usb adaptor, I know that the usb adaptor is working and that the port it is connected to is port 4 as I have just downloaded some transmiter information to my horizon meter. So that confirmes that the port is working. I have loaded the darkman loader and then switched the reciever on with the switch on the back. But I cant seem to establish a connection. I must be doing something wrong but I dont know what. Please could you help.
Chears
Alan

Just a quick update. Found your thread about how to connet the usb to rs232 and changed the com port to 1 but still unable to establish a connection. I think I am doing correctely by connecting the leads and then opening the darkman loader, ticking the serial to usb box, Then switching the reciever on by the mains switch the reciever boots up but I get nothing on the computer. What am I doing wrong, IT is doing my head in. HELP!!!!!

Have being installing this receiver of late, very fast transfer channel list from box to box but I cannot create file for pc use.Better carry spare box in van. I have emailed Techomate but as of yet have not got a reply.
Tm1000 series no problems, as with TM5200.

the 3000 series uses a satcodx database for its channels, to connect to PC, press the power button on the front of the receiver to put it into standby mode (all the blue lights go off) and itll then connect straight away. i find it easier to use the 5000 series receivers and have a USB keyring with all my information needed on it ;)

i have the 5200 and find it very easy to use the usb keyring to upload everything

I have enquired about the 5200 at my local supplier and they say that they are out of stock at the moment but as soon as they come back in I will be having o:Cheers:ne.

he has the 5300 in stock m8, which is the 5200 with an aditional multikrypt card reader, and i think its only about £18 more

HI craig I was talking to neil on friday and he said that he has the 5300 there with the card reader but I only want it for the bedroom at the moment so that I can get use to it before I start to put them in myself . I am still installling the 3100s I have 4 left but after they go I will take you up on your advise and start installing the 5200s as I seems much easyer to carry a USB stick arround rarher than the laptop.

Back