tech menu

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know if his has been posted anywhere else , sorry if it has .

has anyone who has had the vm software update noticed that if you press the settings button on the remote and then go to option 6 ( technical stuff ) , that you can find out most of the details ie net id , card status , ip address , snr etc without actually having to go into the engineers menu .

just thought that i would mention it may be handy to know

HiYa Bro,

Yep noticed that M8, I've also noticed you can't use the remote to get into the Mini EM (page up, page down then blue button) tried on my lads as I'm holding off the update if I can for now.

watcha bro

i was thinkin i had got away with the update as some of mates where saying that there boxes had taken the upgrade , where as mine hadnt lol , then just out the blue i was sitting there watching something and it went and rebooted itself and took it , strange thing was tho it done my sammy 2100 , but not the pace in the other room

It seems to be the same allover Dave the 2100 updates auto but you can get away with it on the pace, very strange.

HiYa,

Don't think the software is in stream yet on pure for the paces But I bet it won't be long.

watcha bro

i was thinkin i had got away with the update as some of mates where saying that there boxes had taken the upgrade , where as mine hadnt lol , then just out the blue i was sitting there watching something and it went and rebooted itself and took it , strange thing was tho it done my sammy 2100 , but not the pace in the other room

What's the model of your Pace box? The updates are currently for the PACE 4010, Samsung 2110 & Samsung 2100 boxes.

What's the model of your Pace box? The updates are currently for the PACE 4010, Samsung 2110 & Samsung 2100 boxes.

ah that prob explains it then as the pace is a 4001nc , but even tho hasnt taken the updates yet , from when they changed the movies from sky mov 1 etc to to sky comedy , drama etc have not been able to access pin , still not worried to much about that as dont watch the movies very offten anyway , and since the sammy upgraded to vm soft i still have pin access

ah that prob explains it then as the pace is a 4001nc , but even tho hasnt taken the updates yet , from when they changed the movies from sky mov 1 etc to to sky comedy , drama etc have not been able to access pin , still not worried to much about that as dont watch the movies very offten anyway , and since the sammy upgraded to vm soft i still have pin access

Some pace 4001nc are getting problems with the pin even on the old firmware. Virgin are going to leave the older boxes till last as they will have more issues with the new update.

HiYa Bro,

Can I have a dump from ya Sammy then just incase I figure out to use it?

I wasn't sure if Pure had got the update in stream for the 4010 (But Now I Know) Thanx sakiblateef for the Info

Just curious why people want to stay with the old ntl fw? Im actually loving the new vm fw its a hell of a lot quicker.... Also for other reasons i dont want to go into on the public board lol :D.

Back