Team-Xecuter Finds An 'Solution' For Problematic SX Core Installs

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Hot on the Heels of v3.0.3 which offered a 'de-bricking' fix, TX is now telling users how to fix their bad 'install jobs'

25030-0a6b357749d0205e086af1012550c9ec.jpg

TX is saying in their latest 'press release', that people in a hurry to install their SX Core, have used METAL or SHARP or LARGE tools to remove the thin metal shield that covers the NVidia CPU, and in doing so they have damaged one or more of the 'two small caps' which are shown in the picture above, and if any boot issues were the Switch gets 'stuck' on the 'JoyCon' logo they should inspect the caps pictured above for any possible damage.

It turns out most users exhibiting these symptoms have used METAL (or) SHARP (or) LARGE tools to remove the CPU shield, and in doing so, they have damaged either or both the two small caps located just outside of the shield area.

• The capacitors in question should look solid and untouched like the picture above
  • These two caps are located in the same spot on both the (v1) 'erista' and (v2) 'mariko' motherboards.
  • The shield needs to be removed carefully using plastic or small tools and from the other side with no nearby components
Resoldering these two caps back in place, or replacing them with a similar SMD 0.1uf 10v 0201 part will solve all your issues from getting stuck at the 'JoyCon' logo. It is recommended to get a professional installer to do the job for you, if you don't have the correct tools to complete your SX Core installation successfully.

Has it arrived then Chookey? Interested in knowing how you are getting on mate.
Not yet janobi. China post 20-40 days :) I quite like it sometimes, I know I ordered something else from China around the same time but can't remember what it was. When it arrives it will either be a surprise or a disappointment. ;)
I usually find they arrive sooner. As soon as I install it I'll send you some pics.

Has it arrived then Chookey? Interested in knowing how you are getting on mate.
Had a grey note delivered about 1 o'clock, Customs fee. I can only imagine it's for the mod. £11-19 for a £48 package seems slightly excessive though. The pick up office is closed today. I just tried to pay online but gives me an error saying it hasn't passed through Customs processing yet.

FALSE ALARM.....Rang a postal worker friend up, He picked it up for me and brought it straight round. Was a couple of replacement screens for the old Google Nexus 7's. Only paid about £30 for both, P.O charged me £3.19 VAT and £8.00 handling charge :mad:

Getting all these items from China in about a week. Also ordered a couple of new dock connectors for them and have had an email informing me they're in the Country. Again only a week to come.

The wait continues..........:rolleyes:

Had an email from PayPal yesterday to say they had found in my favour and would be reimbursing £47-28 to my account. I am currently awaiting the mod from another China supplier which appears to be totally legit.

Please do!
I wouldn't bother. Look what came in the post today. :)
You wait ages for a bus to arrive then 2 show up. Thing is PayPal are in the process of refunding me for one of them as the seller hasn't replied to either of us. I'll do the right thing though and cancel the refund.

20200811_182442.jpg

Back