Tax Credit renewal

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Do they really know what they are doing?

Sent my renewal form and received 5 "result" letters within 1 week all stating different figures and my year gross income was wrong on all of them.

The last one stated that we owed them £1802!

Rang them up, very politely asked them to explain how and why I owed them that much money since I kept them up to date and how they got the figures wrong as I had just sent my renewal with correct info. bla bla bla...she suggested me to send them a letter explaining and attach my p60 on it.

So I did.

Today I received I call on my mobile from them, the girl apologise for the mistake and said that they was a system error and they actually OWE ME £900!

WTF!

Its weird how they go from one extreme to the other just like that...last week I owed them nearly 2k today they owe me nearly 1k ...

I just hope they didn't get this wrong once again and ask for it back in a couple of months!

The reason for this thread is, if any of you get letters saying that you owe them money don't accept it that easy as they clearly mess things up!

i hate it. we always just send our p60's, it seems the most straight forward way. we used to try keep them updated when our wages changed - but it was pointless because it never matched up. we were always over/under paid then got stiffed the following year.

Now, p60's once a year and leave it at that.

I sent mine off a couple of years ago and the system scanned the incorrect amount.. so they put £2500 in my account :)

Called them up and said why etc etc and they put it down as a complaint. I was told because it was there fault I did not have to pay the money back, I also got a letter off them saying sorry etc...

Thanks for the Holiday that year hehe

Back