Task Manager Problems

tonsa2222

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ctrl Alt Del then Task Manager Box with processes with all users tick box. Image Name,
User Name,CPU, Memory.

Anybody got any ideas so I can stop a running program. Can't do with this Task Manger Box?

Ctrl Alt Del then Task Manager Box with processes with all users tick box. Image Name,
User Name,CPU, Memory.

Anybody got any ideas so I can stop a running program. Can't do with this Task Manger Box?

what program is it u want to stop running ??

Dont know what you are trying to do mate but to stop a program, click on the processes tab and then highlite the program you want to terminate (running background processes) then just hit "End Task"

Click on the start bar then click on run type in MSCONFIG click on the startup tab and remove the tick off the program(s) you want to stop running on the start up then click apply, restart your computer and accept any changes.

Yes I would go the sysinternals ProcessExplorer method if you have a problem that needs looking at because you can see all the services that are in the same tree and therefore those it will have an effect on.

Be careful of what service you are stopping though as you might find you will cause additional problems.

This link will give you some insight as to what the services are

http://www.ss64.com/ntsyntax/services.html

command line method

you can also do this by opening a command prompt and using the command
"tasklist"

note the process id of the process you want to close then use command
"taskkill /pid <process id>"
without the pointy brackets!

Back