Task Manager Prob

Dingodog

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have lost the ability to use Task Manager when I right click the task bar, it shows it there but when I click on it nothin happens, and I can't get it by pressing ctrl-alt-del either....any ideas pls

I have lost the ability to use Task Manager when I right click the task bar, it shows it there but when I click on it nothin happens, and I can't get it by pressing ctrl-alt-del either....any ideas pls

are u getting error message m8 if so go to micro daft and put it in their search and this will give u the answer and solution i had this with search on xp got missing files and worked

Try start, run, and type taskmgr and click enter you might have some malware on your computer if this dosent work and make sure you have admin rights.

do a search for taskmgr.exe to see if the file has gone missing
also type taskmgr.exe in the run command box which is available from start menu. you may be able to run it from there
hope this helps

Thanks for the replies, no not getting any error messages, I'll try a few scans so I cant answer for a while but I'll let u know how I get on, cheers.

Ran spybot and adaware and nothin found, so Im running "The Cleaner Pro" and up to now its reporting 5795 trojans found and still counting. Its reporting VB.lu as the trojan and its stuck searchin in the shared folder for Limewire and spewing up all these trojans up to 7250 now, keep u posted.

Did you try click start, run, and type taskmgr and hit enter???

Yes but I kept getting cannot open another program is using this file or words to that effect, so I typed taskmgr into search and it found it so I made a short cut on me desktop. But I have just paused "The Cleaner" now up to 13209 found and deleted tried ctrl-alt-del and it comes up and the same if I right click the task bar yippee, but wots with all the trojans ??????

Never gone down that road b4 smirnoff, any where I could read up on it ?, me daughter (18) uses limewire for music dloads.

my kids use newdemon now for there music and if they want one song they just download the whole lp in 5 mins , havent had a pc problem since they stopped using limewire m8 , check out www.newsdemon.com u get the progame to search and download with and only about 8 quid a month unlimited

Back