• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

taking mine back

jimbo0023

Inactive User
well i thought there may be a chance to make a few quid by pre ordering a ps3

but seems there's s**t loads about so im taking mine back to woolworths to save on the postage.

shame cos im dying to open it and have a look!

:)

maggot

VIP Member
VIP Member
got 3 comming today got 1 still waiting for the other 2 as for making money u can still do that just gota make urs stand out more than the rest easy task if u ask me

najeeb

Member +
tried to get a refund for my ps3 from argos, but they sad no, i have not even open it, can they do that

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
@ najeeb

argos do state

Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

herbs

DW Member +
When I bought an xbox from argos it was printed on the receipt. Seems a bit harsh though. How is it any different from a dvd player you might want to take back unopened?

ojola

Inactive User
What became of "This does not affect your statutory rights"? I am ressearching that right now I will edit this post as soon as i find something.

Can you call consumer direct on this number and they will guide u right. Good luck

Last edited:

9lives9

Inactive User
Argos are telling you the truth...............they only replace or refund if the item is faulty or damaged.........all you tell them is that the item keeps switching off on you..they are legally obliged to give you a refund. Trust me..........i have had recent experience with them.

gooner71

VIP Member
VIP Member
Just open it and tell em its faulty they wont have the time to test it and tell them that you have lost confidence in the product as it is probably "a teething problem" because its new.
They will probably do a refund then!!

herbs

DW Member +
If it's faulty they have no choice - they MUST refund you if that's what you want.

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Just going in when they really busy and kick up a fuss and they will give you a refund just to get rid of you.

herbs

DW Member +
they could also offer vouchers
Are you sure mate? I'm almost certain if it's faulty you are entitled to a refund whether they like it or not. They can only force you to take vouchers if they're doing you a favour swapping something you don't want.