t911

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
thinking about getting a t911 been looking at 2 types the Factory T911 Modded & the Factory Modded Nexus T911 the nexus costs a bit less than the T911 Modded has anyone used the nexus or should i just go for the T911 Modded

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
plenty of people have good reports about either type - save yourself a tenner and go for the Nexus.

chookey

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
bammy said:
plenty of people have good reports about either type - save yourself a tenner and go for the Nexus.
I went for the blue one but aren't getting anywhere.I should have saved myself a tenner and got the orange one. I am trying to get the boxkeys from 3 cards. 2x Rom11 BOC's and 1 Rom10 REV a16.I have followed the T911 installation guide to the letter and the flash seems to have worked ok.
However, every script I have tried gives timeout errors or reset problems. I went for the 911 cos jtag isn't working for me on the 4010n's that I have tried. I am using winex 5.42 on XP and for the moment power is being supplied by my modem psu.
Could someone offer some advice for a disheartened newbie? If there is something already on the forum, then I have probably already tried it. I have tried to attach a copy of the output window but it won't work.
Regards.............Chookey​

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
If you're running on XP you need to make sure your program properties are changed to run in win98 mode - but I guess you've tried this if you followed the guide?

stevensan36

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi chookey change your time out settings i run the blue undone 4 cards no probs its not your unlooper look around and you will find your settings and try diff scripts also changing dip switch combinations help hope this helps m8:)

chookey

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bammy and Stevensan,
I had tried 2 different jtag interfaces on these 4010's. 1st one from Jabs wasn't recognised. 2nd from tmc had a pogo missing, wouldn't work even with a wire bridging the broken connection. Mash at tmc immediately sent out a replacement which I received a short while ago, worked instantly.Two 4010's in less than 5 minutes. I am absolutely chuffed!!!!
As for the T911, I am going to have to spend quite some time with it. Not sure at all what I am doing, but with input from guys' like you I am sure I wil get there. Bammy--I had forgot the win 98 compatability, according to the posts' I have read it is a common mistake. Unfortunately still made no difference. Stevensan-- I will try those tweaks, but have to leave for work soon. I feel a bit happier now I have my keys.
Cheers lads..........Chookey​

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Also the guide can be misleading regarding the dip switch settings - I think it says something like '2-5' on. What it means is 2 & 5 on (i.e. 1, 3, 4 & 6 off).

chookey

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
bammy said:
Also the guide can be misleading regarding the dip switch settings - I think it says something like '2-5' on. What it means is 2 & 5 on (i.e. 1, 3, 4 & 6 off).
You're joking, I haven't tried that!! Will try that when I get in from work. Thought I should point out that the timeouts aren't occurring while I am unlocking, it is when I am trying to load a script.
Anyway, the dip switch change may do it. Hopefully is the reason why it wouldn't reset. Still wouldn't have got this fat without the tut though.

chookey

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
bammy said:
Smack on Bammy. I reset the switches to 2+5 and the script runs now.

Cheers mate........Chookey​

TEST