System Update 2.42

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Anyone know what's new in this update?

Find out about PS3 system software update 2.41.

An update to the PS3 system software was released on July 8, 2008. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.41. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.41, you will need a minimum 135Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

With this update, we have fixed the problem that has prevented a limited number of PS3 systems from activating properly after updating to version 2.40, which was caused by certain system administrative data being contained in the HDD.

For those users who have updated to version 2.40 and have experienced the problem that the PS3 Home Menu (XMB) is not appearing, or no images are displaying on the screen, please contact Customer Service.

We have confirmed that for those users who have successfully updated to version 2.40 and are able to activate the PS3 system, this problem will not occur on your PS3.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate for your understanding and continued support.

source: http://uk.playstation.com/help-supp...detail/item110950/Update-features-(ver-2-41)/

the site says 2.41 is latest so far, but not been on my ps3 for a week so i can't say different.

Definately 2.42 mate.

I just installed it and it's..........fook all :(

No doubt another System Stability update.

It detects and blocks the MaxLoader. Guess you won't need a beta copy now Witchy2k1 :)

Shit, I've just tested a backup and it didn't work! :(

How did they get to find out about Maxloader??

Mines never been as dusty before this upgrade, now its like the top of a wardrobe after months of not dusting it lol

cheers Dutcho for that file.

i added it to my usb stick like you said, into the PS3 - UPDATE folder, and installed the file, all back-ups working fine again.

cheers.

Yer well done guys, didn't take too long before you sussed this one out.

cheers Dutcho for that file.

i added it to my usb stick like you said, into the PS3 - UPDATE folder, and installed the file, all back-ups working fine again.

cheers.

edit: found what i needed

Last edited:
Back