System build problem.

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just on building up another system today, but for a change I am using a gigabyte board...

Fired the fooker up, it detects correct spped of cpu then shows memory to be correct and ok then fook all else...

Boiling my wee wee now, the monitor just shuts off, cannot enter the bios or anything.

Any ideas welcome....

Dutcho said:
Just on building up another system today, but for a change I am using a gigabyte board...
Fired the fooker up, it detects correct spped of cpu then shows memory to be correct and ok then fook all else...
Boiling my wee wee now, the monitor just shuts off, cannot enter the bios or anything.
Any ideas welcome....
is it overheating

kook

my theory - your pc will only work as good as it's worst component.

What case is it m8? so at least we all know to avoid it - or was it a one off bad case?

Look at the mobo manual and double check any jumper settings particularly ones referring to graphics.........is it onboard or a Gfx card ?

Also look at the fan again as a cpu will fire up for a short while without this connected before it blows.

Just to be on the safe side look for the CMOS jumper and reset it.

Good luck

they'll be telling you "thanks for the pc but i don't have any games to play on it"....Do the right thing DAD!!!

LOL - good luck.

Back