Switch Phone Network by Text

Why bring this silly/useless thing out for?
You ring your mobile company and say your leaving.
Job done..... no issue......
In most cases when you say your leaving they match or do cheaper deal to company your planning to go to.

Anytime i leave a contract service i ring at the end and get it cheaper.
Surly wont be using this “text im away” rubbish without hearing what they can offer me.

EDIT:
The mirror paper says:
“You won't need to have that awkward chat with your current provider to take advantage of the great deals available."

Me personally when ringing a company ready to leave for better deal is anything but awkward!!!
As the ball is in your court and will be good to hear what they say to keep you and your money.
This “text im away” service you dont have it and “might miss out” on cheaper deal again.

Last edited:
Maybe you'd want to switch due to coverage/ signal issues. :)
Only reason i can see the method to that madness mate.
Although if you are in contract and caught out with weak coverage you can cancel contract within cooling off period.
I see this new setup costing folks rather than helping.

Also our good friends in EU banned phone companies from “owning” numbers. You can carry your number over to any network.

Why bring this silly/useless thing out for?
You ring your mobile company and say your leaving.
Job done..... no issue......
In most cases when you say your leaving they match or do cheaper deal to company your planning to go to.

Anytime i leave a contract service i ring at the end and get it cheaper.
Surly wont be using this “text im away” rubbish without hearing what they can offer me.

EDIT:
The mirror paper says:
“You won't need to have that awkward chat with your current provider to take advantage of the great deals available."

Me personally when ringing a company ready to leave for better deal is anything but awkward!!!
As the ball is in your court and will be good to hear what they say to keep you and your money.
This “text im away” service you dont have it and “might miss out” on cheaper deal again.

You would be amazed at the number of people in the world that find confrontation uncomfortable.
How many will not phone theor provider to say " hey, you know i have been giving you loads of money for a long time? well now im gonna stop."

But they might just text PAC to 65075

Back