Switch custom firmware

Abu Baniaz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I modded a switch for some relatives last year. They had rebooted into stock firmware. I had given instructions on how to use Tegra to reboot to custom firmware, but they couldn't follow. Anyway, they brought it down and I rebooted and tried to update and have now spent a few hours going around in circles. Creating an emu nand does load. I have hekate 5.7.2 on it at the moment.

I am resigned to the fact that I must format/partition the SD card and start again. How do I save downloaded games on the SD card to save downloading them again. Can someone help me out please. With clear instuctions or a guide that is easy to follow.

tried to update ?

Did you update the OFW or CFW ?

I modded a switch for some relatives last year. They had rebooted into stock firmware. I had given instructions on how to use Tegra to reboot to custom firmware, but they couldn't follow. Anyway, they brought it down and I rebooted and tried to update and have now spent a few hours going around in circles. Creating an emu nand does load. I have hekate 5.7.2 on it at the moment.

I am resigned to the fact that I must format/partition the SD card and start again. How do I save downloaded games on the SD card to save downloading them again. Can someone help me out please. With clear instuctions or a guide that is easy to follow.
There are guides, but I can't remember what the link is.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Discord link for switchway, these guys are brilliant

Those guides go in circles.

For example, what does this exactly mean?
Backup (to your PC) and delete the existing atmosphere and bootloader folders on your microSD card.

Does it mean backup the whole sd card to the PC or specific folders? And on the other guide it says you have to have latest atmosphere to perform an update. But how without getting into a vicious/cyclic circle.

Is there a guide with an easy to follow process?

Those guides go in circles.

For example, what does this exactly mean?

Does it mean backup the whole sd card to the PC or specific folders? And on the other guide it says you have to have latest atmosphere to perform an update. But how without getting into a vicious/cyclic circle.

Is there a guide with an easy to follow process?
I believe you backup all the files from teh SD card.
You're best off asking in the discord I posted.

They are only going to repeat follow the guide. In any case, the first question will block me. "How do I update without losing downloaded games?"

They are only going to repeat follow the guide. In any case, the first question will block me. "How do I update without losing downloaded games?"
They're not, and you won't know until you ask. They helped me no end, and didn't simply push me towards a guide. They'll also be able to answer your first question.

AFAIK, the games are in a seperate folder to the atmosphere stuff, it's on a hidden partition or something. But the guys on that discord can help you. Alternatively, have you gone over to the gbatemp forums? They'll have the answers there too.

Another option would be to check out r/switchpirates on reddit, or I can put you in touch with Pablo who chipped my switch for me.

Copy your atmosphere , switch , bootloader folders and hbmenu.nro from your micro sd card to a safe place on your pc drive

Unzip atmosphere-1.3.2-master-e96972c93+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.5.0(1 )open it and copy the contents over to your switch it will say overwrite some files just do it

Unzip hekate_ctcaer_5.7.2_Nyx_1.2.2 open it and copy the contents over to your switch it will say overwrite some files

Then run Tegra and inset the fusee.bin that will boot your switch into atmosphere

First time a did that atmosphere opened and then when to a black screen so i waited 5 mins then turn of the switch and booted into atmosphere and all was ok

And see if you still have your games in your CFW

Is your switch an unpatched model ? because my switch is and all is working fine

If you have overwritten your emu you probably have deleted all your games

Attachments

• atmosphere-1.3.2-master-e96972c93+hbl-2.4.1+hbmenu-3.5.0(1).rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • fusee.rar
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • hekate_ctcaer_5.7.2_Nyx_1.2.2.rar
    772.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just to update the thread, I redid everything (apart from re-partion the SD card) and now on 14.1.1 ¬ AMS 1.3.2¬W
I used the switchway guide and their pack.

The switchway updating guide is here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The last statement below was a vicious circle for me (console was already on latest Nintendo stock firmware (OFW). If anybody can reword it to make more sense, it might be beneficial for others.
Update stock firmware via Nintendo as long as your sysMMC is clean. (Updating stock will disable AutoRCM).
If you want to install the latest Firmware you should already have the latest Atmosphere CFW installed.

My OFW is still on 13.0.0 and don't use AutoRCM , i just update the new firmware on the CFW with daybreak app , doing offline ! update longe as atmosphere has the new firmware cracked ect

That allows you to play the new games coming out that require the official firmware update to play them but using the CFW

My switch is an unpatched vision

Switch while its running custom firmware (CFW). This will be undetectable from the Switch’s stock firmware and will essentially keep your stock and custom firmware environments physically separated (emuNAND)

So did you manage to keep your games ok on your emuNAND ?

Last edited:
Back