swapping benq 4 ts-h943

mr_dellboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
got my 360 back from ms, new benq drive n motherboard init now, flashed the benq, all seems ok but bit dodgy with sum media and after sum reading noticed gta4 not clever on this drive, so dug out a new ts-h943 i had jus brought before it developed the ring of death, now am i correct in thinking it's just a case of insert'in the key into the firmware for the ts-h943 from my benq and flashing the ts-h943, then can put ts-h943 in 360.

yes m8 you need your key from the benq so you can spoof the other drive loads of tutorials on here

got my 360 back from ms, new benq drive n motherboard init now, flashed the benq, all seems ok but bit dodgy with sum media and after sum reading noticed gta4 not clever on this drive, so dug out a new ts-h943 i had jus brought before it developed the ring of death, now am i correct in thinking it's just a case of insert'in the key into the firmware for the ts-h943 from my benq and flashing the ts-h943, then can put ts-h943 in 360.

Why though? ....why I ask lol.

I have a benq drive in my elite and haven't had any trouble what-so-ever.

Look what you've done Monkey...you've single handedly managed to ruin the reputation of benq drives :eek: lmao

Why though? ....why I ask lol.

I have a benq drive in my elite and haven't had any trouble what-so-ever.

Look what you've done Monkey...you've single handedly managed to ruin the reputation of benq drives :eek: lmao

have my m8's benq which is older drive in his 360 plays different backup on diff disk's ok, my bq new than his dont play backups his does, so
jus wanna c if ts-h943 will read disk's that my bq dont.

Fair enough mate :) ...the Sammys are by far the best drives as far as media compatibility goes however benq=Verbs compatible ;) lol. Did you try burning a game that doesnt currently play on your benq to Verbatim media and see if it plays then? I know I do go on about Verbs but their quality has been proven time and time and time again and as they're only 99p each now they really should be the way to go mate ;) Another thing to bare in mind when using cheap or cheap-ER media is that its believed to put the laser under additional stress.

Fair enough mate :) ...the Sammys are by far the best drives as far as media compatibility goes however benq=Verbs compatible ;) lol. Did you try burning a game that doesnt currently play on your benq to Verbatim media and see if it plays then? I know I do go on about Verbs but their quality has been proven time and time and time again and as they're only 99p each now they really should be the way to go mate ;) Another thing to bare in mind when using cheap or cheap-ER media is that its believed to put the laser under additional stress.

ahh, could xplain why kids burnt drive out in first place, el cheapo disc e o's.... lol:banana:

Back