Swaping Drives

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a samsung ms28 drive which is flashed, i was wondering if i buy a new 360 would i be able put my old samsung drive and have it running in the new 360.

Cheers

Sorry mate on what i beleive and went through the drive its self has got to be coded to the system so its not just a swap job you still need to get the drive coded to the new system .i maybe wrong but im sure other will correct me if i am but i bought a brand new drive for mine as it wasnt reading disks put it in and that would either so i end up just swapping the lazers over and that done the job for me.
regards .....

it all depends on what drive you end up with in your new 360 if it a hitachi 79fl or fk you would either need to install a passkey to get the xbox 360 key to install in you old drive or have tthe tsop lifted and read in a programmer to give you the key
if you got any other drive make ,model, in your new 360 you would be fine to get the key from it to put into your old drive but you will also have to spoof your old drive so that it reports to being the same drive that was in your new 360

Back