swann cctv

andy1494

Inactive User
Reaction score
swann 8 Channel Security System: 4K Ultra HD NVR-8000 with 4TB HDD & 4 x 4K NHD-880 Bullet Cameras, work in the uk if bought from the states I heard about the pal and ntsc but surely that only in the recorder not the camera or am I wrong

SWNVK-880004

you can usually change between PAL and NTSC on the cameras and DVRs at least you can with my Dahua camera and my parents DVR.

can you not just buy camera from EU?

the reason why I was asking because there a big difference in price from getting it here, plus if the format cannot be change as someone told it cant

the reason why I was asking because there a big difference in price from getting it here, plus if the format cannot be change as someone told it cant
Until you get hit with Duty then not so cheap. Pay the VAT and save yourself hassle and time.

Until you get hit with Duty then not so cheap. Pay the VAT and save yourself hassle and time.

from other posts on the site, i dont think UK customs check many if any parcels from outside the UK.

This is definitly not the case in Ireland, but there are ways around that too.

agree what you say about, it but separate between people even post single works a lot cheaper, but this is not what am asking, as I was told this.

Also I should point out that the US uses NTSC and the UK use PAL. These are colour encoding systems that affect the visual quality of content viewed, so the system from the US won’t be compatible in the UK, and if I cannot be change it wont be worth it

the system will work fine its the output and recording that will be in ntsc not pal if it cant be changed
but this will not affect the recording quality just the playback on a pal device but most tv can be changed or
just use the vga output as this will not be affected by pal/ntsc . you might need another psu
as this might be 110v in and not 110-240 v in

I don't think the NTSC/PAL issue will be a problem as they are analogue systems- aren't these IP cameras? And if it's a HDMI output on the DVR, again this will work on any monitor/TV.
Most (Chinese) PSU's these days will cope with 230V, obviously check before plugging in. A replacement 12V 5A supply isn't expensive if required.
Is it for home or business use?

yes it will come with power brick type to connect to but these psu are sometimes 110v but mostly 110v-240 v input 12v out
but easy fixed with another psu for about £10 max if it is only 110v

Me too. Ordered a £100 part for a solar panel tracking system from Oz, the supplier wrote the true value on the green sticker & wham! R&C wanted their 20+ quid AND another £8 to the PO "admin" fee.
So you do run the risk of adding another 20% to the cost- is it still worth it?

I've been stung on 2 occasions. :(

out of how many occasions is that and how big were the items?

i have been stung on every item i have purchased in the last 2-3 years. Its so bad i had to pay €22 on a €52 item a few weeks back.
I even had small items that were worth less than €20 opened and inspected. im surprised they didnt hit me with charges for these.

to be fair if the item is big, i can understand it being pulled but some of the things they are catching is a joke.

@trevorton was your item big?

No more than 15

Not very big. About Dreambox size. :)

13% id love those odds.

it for home only power I see is DC 12 V

Is there a reason you want this system in particular. Its very expensive just for home use. I would recommend a few IPcameras and just record to a NAS or enigma2 device

Me too. Ordered a £100 part for a solar panel tracking system from Oz, the supplier wrote the true value on the green sticker & wham! R&C wanted their 20+ quid AND another £8 to the PO "admin" fee.
So you do run the risk of adding another 20% to the cost- is it still worth it?

But you live in Portugal Trevor, it's only the UK that doesn't check for Duty dodgers. :(
I've never been stung for Chinese imports but twice caught for US imports. I had a quick look at the system and must say it's high end for home use, only seen it for sale at Maplin which would account for a hefty price difference alone.
4k is wasted on home surveillance

try ebay. some decent cheap cctv kits on there for a fraction of the price

proberly is high I have 720, for me not good enough as only had swann, so I cant compare with any think else, there so many different ones out there what would you say then

Back