VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bloke that is purchasing our house has become one
Of them picky barseward’s..... ie how old is that how long will
That last!!!!!! And so on.
Anyway he sent a surveyor out this week, after two hours he left
After pulling banging every thing in sight jumping up and down on
The floor’s which by the way are all concrete.
I believe what he carried out was a Middle survey ??? don’t know how
Much these things cost, can I expect the report to come back virtual condemning the house!!!!!!

Any views

Anyway he sent a surveyor out this week, after two hours he left
After pulling banging every thing in sight jumping up and down on
The floor’s which by the way are all concrete.
I believe what he carried out was a Middle survey ???

I'm not a 'property surveyor' but as an 'asbestos surveyor' i can tell you it would be between £350 to £600 for a type 2 Survey for a typical 4 or 5 bedroom house.

Type 1 survey = no sampling or damage occures, only visually checking
Type 2 Survey = Small samplies are taken from discreet corners from any suspect materials
Type 3 survey = 'an Intrusive survey' (for unoccupied building) that means hole in walls, ceiling and floor to get right into everywhere possible.

Who ever called the surveyor out will recieve the report as they paid for it, unfortunatly that could give the potential buyer more bargaining powers thats if the report finds any faults.
what you should have done is get the house surveyed yourself and show the report to potential buyers so at least it cuts the chance of any bargaining from any ars*s.

we normally get sellers wanting house surveys done so the report stays with them and they can show it to potential buyers,
if the seller has not had a asbestos survey done usually the potential buyer would want a sample taken from a house he/she's looking to buy mainly for Textured Coating on the ceiling or wall if it proven to contain asbestos the potential buyer can really bargain.

(I havent ever bought a house, so i can only say what other peeps do and what i've delt with)

Last edited:
Back