Surround Sound DVD Player fault...

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok got a Samsung Surround Sound System which worked great until it developed a fault with the DVD player which is the only way you can use the surround sounds system.

First problem is the buttons on the top no longer work but I think they might have been disabled by the remote so need to try find the manual to check settings...

The main problems is that once you turn the system off and then turn it off you cant turn it on again! The standby light stays on and thats it... The only way to get it working again is by unplugging it and plugging it again.

I did have a 5 year d&g cover on it but they wrote the unit off. So its upto me to try get it repaired or fix it myself.

Its a Samsung HT TX500R

Manage to repair myself although I didnt do much... Unplugged everything including all speaker, power, optical and hdmi cables... Reconnected everything and made sure it was in properly...

Then attempted a factory reset on the unit itself... This is done by having the unit in standby mode. Then pressing and holding the STOP [/] button on the unit itself for 7+ seconds... You will see the little red standby light flash.

Now everything working as normal so I am happy :)

Back