surfboard help

hotwire

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok guys need some directions. have done cloning n stuff n boxes. im in pure nthell area and would like to know how to get a surfboard working on 10 meg service. i have read around and cant make my mind up which is the best surfboard to get and what other equipment will i need . any help is much appreciated. many thanks in advance guys. :) :)

Get a 4200i, SB are very rare.

All info is available

EMail me for more info if your wise.

Sb5100

I got a SB5100 Up and running pure nt hell, will be trying the 10mg bund later 2-nite.

pburns said:
I got a SB5100 Up and running pure nt hell, will be trying the 10mg bund later 2-nite.

how hard is the sb 5100 modem to do is it hard to make a blackcat lead might buy one and give it go....

I can tell you how hard a sb5100 is to do.
F*cking nearly impossible.
I got three and no go.
I've had great help from everyone who has got theres going.
But they are quite a bit cheaper than the 4000's(probably because they are easyer).
Now here's an intersting thing.
A guy pm'd me last night with sympathy for my plyte.
He's got 2 sb5100.
One he got from tcniso,put sigma on and away he went.10meg and everything.
The other one was from somewhere else.
No matter what he does he can't get it working.
He,like me has done telnet and all sorts of firmware etc?
And he was told it came from a telewest area and had been online.
I'm gonna get one of the other surfboards when the price is right.
And ten meg can"come on down!" my coax.
Thank you very much.
Laters.............

name750 said:
I can tell you how hard a sb5100 is to do.
F*cking nearly impossible.
I got three and no go.
I've had great help from everyone who has got theres going.
But they are quite a bit cheaper than the 4000's(probably because they are easyer).
Now here's an intersting thing.
A guy pm'd me last night with sympathy for my plyte.
He's got 2 sb5100.
One he got from tcniso,put sigma on and away he went.10meg and everything.
The other one was from somewhere else.
No matter what he does he can't get it working.
He,like me has done telnet and all sorts of firmware etc?
And he was told it came from a telewest area and had been online.
I'm gonna get one of the other surfboards when the price is right.
And ten meg can"come on down!" my coax.
Thank you very much.
Laters.............

hi there mate can you get 10meg on the sb 3100&4100 cheers i have yet to see a 10 meg in my area yet n.east.lincs :)

It's all theory with me at the moment,but i think you can.
I've read everthing there is to read on modems,but untill you actually do one(and they give you sh*t) you never know what's what.
If you can get sigma for the modem you want then i think that must be your best bet.
I've got it installed on one of my sb5100 and if it worked like it was supposed to it would be a bloody marvel.
There will be guys on here who have done all the sb who could tell you.
Have you got a surfboard already or are you gonna get one?

name750 said:
It's all theory with me at the moment,but i think you can.
I've read everthing there is to read on modems,but untill you actually do one(and they give you sh*t) you never know what's what.
If you can get sigma for the modem you want then i think that must be your best bet.
I've got it installed on one of my sb5100 and if it worked like it was supposed to it would be a bloody marvel.
There will be guys on here who have done all the sb who could tell you.
Have you got a surfboard already or are you gonna get one?

i have just done a sb4100 for a mate that was easy and i just got one off flee bay i got the 3100 tho just got it cos it was cheap i have a couple off ambits spare but really want 10meg he he he am just greedy :)

Was that you bidding against me!!!
Greed is good.
More power!!!
The 4000's are to bloody dear!!

Hi guys,

I got a sb5100 from ebay,
and I'm wondering where to start,

any advice,
I'm reading tuts and stuff but people reporting it's a real bit*h to do.

You'll need a blackcat and the software.
You can make the jtag and get the cd from download.
I ordered it all from tcniso 2 weeks ago.
They sent it yesterday!!!!
Oh yeah i saw a original blackcat on ebay just now.
What isp are you.
I get the feeling it's easyer on telewest ,but there are guys on here that have done ntl.
Try this just out of curiosity.
Put the feed in the surfboard ,usb(or ethernet) and power up.
Give it a while and see if the online and recieve LEDs blink.
You could also watch whats happening on the http://192.168.100.1/ status page.
My theory is that it should get to the stage where it should aquire upstream and then downstream and then fail at the dhcp ip stage,because you have'nt got the correct mac address.
If you get this then i think your in business.
If not then you might have trouble.
If you manage it could you please let me know cos i'm on the verge of giving up.
My problem is it never gets to even aquire a downstream!!!
It did when i tried it on telewest.
Good luck
I got a few tuts people have done for me.
PM me if you want them.
If they don't work then nothing will.

as name as said they are a bitch but worth it honest, power it up put internet cable on use earthernet and use SchwarzeKatze to change your mac,and this is something i found a bit strange if you think a mac is good the 5100 wont just keep trying macs till the 5100 lights up

name750 said:
Was that you bidding against me!!!
Greed is good.
More power!!!
The 4000's are to bloody dear!!

lol i got it for 27 in the end deliverd you discount on pay pal acount cheers anyway :) :)

666 said:
as name as said they are a bitch but worth it honest, power it up put internet cable on use earthernet and use SchwarzeKatze to change your mac,and this is something i found a bit strange if you think a mac is good the 5100 wont just keep trying macs till the 5100 lights up

do you need to make a lead up for these then or is it like doing a sb 41000 cheers :) :)

this modem is easier to do than the sb41/4200
just make sure you have a good made lead , blasckcat software that works (this is important) and a working mac....if you are unsure about macs search for ethereal i have found it to be quite good.
to get a workin mac adress (to be sure) try it on a hacked 4200 with the hack page so you can see what the speed is(although ethereal tells you this)

if anyone is stuck for the software and know a good file loading site i could upload it to i would make it readily available for yall as the lead is a sig to make
read this tut
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=405267#post405267

sb4100

sb4100 and 4200 use a program called netboot and a backdoor called vxworks.st you can upgrade to hacked firmware so you have the hack page all the time 192.168.100.1/hack.html (i think) but if you dont use hacked firmware everytime you unplug modem hack page disapears.
the modem doesnt use a lead at the moment although i think tcisno do one for that model

I see there is a tab when you start up blackcat for the sb4000's so i suppose they can be done like that.

thinking?

hi guys thinkin whether to just upgrade to 10 meg with nthell or clone a sb? i feel i cant do sb's. it seems very confusing. all this firmware and configs n stuff. the ambits were so easy to do. what is all this blackcat and all these different softwares for sniffing macs and changing software and configs. pls advise. cheers guys.h

Hotwire,It probably sounds more difficult than it is.
Just think if it was the first time you heared.
You need a max233
And then you use hyperterminal
And then you clone a mac
From a diffrent node
And then you do
cd non volley balls it up
Omar cherif halif

But when you get the hang of it. It's no mor difficult than changing a plug.

I got some brilliant tut's from guys on here.
I don't understand it all but basically.
The blackcat is a glorified max233
And at most there are three files you need to add to your sufboard if you get a sb5100.
The tuts i was given are full proof.
Tcniso should have made a simple show and tell with screen shots.
I think you said you are in pure ntl which is a docsis area.
Make sure just incase,http://www.dslzoneuk.net/ntl_region.php
I'm excw (euro docsis) and did'nt realise.That mistake cost me three weeks of aggrovation.
I have'nt got one suitable for my area yet but I've got a few coming.
I've seen the sigma-x installed on my sufboard and it looks like a dream come true.
If it is possible for n*l to update frimware on it like the ambits. It would take you no more than an hour to fix everything and your back in business.
No lifting tsop and willems and dumps and sh*t.
If someone had'nt had me over and messed with my paypal account i'd have a surfboard i could use in my area by the end of the week.
I will have one soon though and i won't rest untill i've got a ten meg buzzing like a gooden.
As a thankyou to this site i'll try my best to do as simple and user friendly tut i can.
Maybe even a video?????
If you get a cheap surfboard get it.
I'm sure you will manage it sooner or later.
Good Luck.

Back