Surfboard 4100i & 4100e

Curious123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken all the people who were on Blueyonder are all former C&W, meaning that they can only use 4100e modems. On flabay it is a lot easier to find a 4100i than 4100e, is it possible to buy a 4100i and turn it into 4100e and if so what is involved?

Blueyonder and C&W are not related.

Blueyonder uses international Docsis 4100i and exC&W use European Docsis 4100e

I checked my post code on one of the links, this said that I was not listed implying that I was not in a pure NTL area. If I am not in a pure NTL area than I am assuming that I am in a C&W. All I know is that I have always been with Blueyonder. Either I am really dim which is more likely or this 'i & e ' business seems really complicated.

Blueyonder is Telewests broadband division, noone else.
Telewest areas do not show on the NTL postcode site as they are not NTL.

You will need an 'i' modem.

I checked my post code on one of the links, this said that I was not listed implying that I was not in a pure NTL area. If I am not in a pure NTL area than I am assuming that I am in a C&W. All I know is that I have always been with Blueyonder. Either I am really dim which is more likely or this 'i & e ' business seems really complicated.
i am curious lol
i checked ur ip it tells me u r with at and t in america
lol

He's the bliimin FBI, quick everyone HIDE! :)

Crikes ! Don't go publishing info like that you gonna get me sacked mate.

I checked my post code on one of the links, this said that I was not listed .
that means ur in telewest or there's no cable provider in ur area if u have a cable modem runninig @ the moment go to this link

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/ip_checker.php and it will tell u what provider ur with and ur ubr. u differnately needs an i or get urself another 250 and u have worry about what area it going

ooops

Last edited:
Did someone forget to post the link? :)

I know I am on ubr01.perr.blueyonder.co.uk , when I get home I will try out the link and see what it says about my locoation.

Christ, yer Joes right, you can use any of them on Telewest I wasn't thinking straight :) but if you get an 'e' it involves an extra command, lol

Christ, yer Joes right, you can use any of them on Telewest I wasn't thinking straight :) but if you get an 'e' it involves an extra command, lol

i think we all lost the plot after the original question
is a lot easier to find a 4100i than 4100e, is it possible to buy a 4100i and turn it into 4100e and if so what is involved?

Back