Supermarket will today start selling mobile phones for £5 - cheaper than a packet of

bumbumak47

Inactive User
Reaction score
Supermarket will today start selling mobile phones for £5 - cheaper than a packet of cigarettes.

Asda's decision to market Britain's cheapest pay-asyougo mobile will start a price war with other retailers.

Customers at other stores which offer low-cost handsets normally have to buy more than £10 worth of credit for the phone.

But Asda says its customers do not have to sign up to any deal or buy credit.

The models available are Nokia 1112 (pictured right) Sagem My212x, Sagem My220x and Sagem My150x.

There are a number of tariffs from Virgin, T-Mobile and Orange, with calls to a landline starting from 12p per minute.

"There are no hidden charges or extra costs," said an Asda spokesman.

"The handsets operate on standard pay-as-you-go tariffs. You can just grab one off the shelf, use it once and throw it away if you wanted.

"It's great for people whose regular mobile phone is perhaps broken or they want a back up, or those who have come to this country for just a few weeks."

Just over 50,000 handsets go on sale at Asda stores across the UK from 9am today

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Only problem here is they kill the phone market like this and they never ever have the phones in stock... Try the local Asdas and see if anyone can find any in stock because they cause a lot of hype like this then only get a handfull in stock at each branch... Then customers go to other shops expecting the same silly prices :)

Any free credit included? Hardly worth it if not!

;)

Back