superhub

lancable

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys

i have a superhub 2

which is kac by way

looking into anew cable router for dd-wrt

but need my superhunb configs is that correct ?

any router you recomend for dd-wrt

thanks in advance

You don't need any configs mate? Just a dsl router that is compatible with ddwrt if that's what you want. And to put the superhub in to modem mode.

I am running a tplink wdr3600 on ddwrt with out any issues. I'm sure there are better routers out there for a similar price . Not that I'm complaining about it.

Look on the compatibility list on the ddwrt site before you buy.

hi
thanks for the reply

in download section you have tools to read there cert and that

is there away to clone the hub
and do away with and just use a dsl router with dd-wrt ?

No, the hubs can be cloned but only with another hub.

hi
think im getting you so if i clone a hub

what would that get me mate

on how would i get info from hub

and send it to my hub
cheers

A cloned hub would get you internet access . But if you were to clone your own hub it would not work in the same ubr/network/sub area you are in . If you are paying for Internet don't worry about it . If you want ddwrt just get the most powerful router you can for your price range then flash it.

thanks
i do pay for 50meg
what router do you recomend
and what would i gain from it if put superhub into modem mode

would dd-wrt router be better then just a normal dsl router attched to the hub ?
thanks

ddwrt has a lot of features but isnt just a plug and play solution. you can use it as a nas media server printer server ect i even think there is a way of using it for torrents and such.

i dont do any of that but ended up with a tplink wdr 3600. and put ddwrt on it as the router had wifi dropouts before with the origonal firmware.

if you arnt having problems dont bother with ddwrt unless you want to use any of the features it offers.

the reason i am asking i keep loosing conection to my stuff

I am using Linksys WRT54GL with ddwrt with my modem, I use dwrt for the features such ip filtering and Mac filtering the range on WrT54GL router is also very good!

the reason i am asking i keep loosing conection to my stuff

Have you tried changing the router broadcasting channel. By default hubs are all on 11. Maybe you neighbours are broadcasting on the same channel (frequency).

Are you intermittently losing your wifi connection from PC to superhub 2?
I started having same problems when my older superhub packed up and the replacement superhub 2 arrived. After much head scratching it turned out to be a problem with my laptop wifi card driver compatibility with the superhub 2 that was fine with the older model. Anyway, scoured web and found an older driver from the wifi card manufacturer that wasn't available on PC manufacturer's web site and that worked great. Problem solved!!

Back