superhub 3 update

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone noticed an update that went out over the weekend? its seemed to have blocked line. checked thru my superhub 2 and its fine, looks like its only effected either that area or that modem blocking the port.

PM me if you would like to discuss barred topic.

anyone noticed an update that went out over the weekend? its seemed to have blocked line. checked thru my superhub 2 and its fine, looks like its only effected either that area or that modem blocking the port.

PM me if you would like to discuss barred topic.
What are you talking about? You can't just swap your modem to test it's blocking a line or not as it has to be activated by VM.

I have SH3 but I also have my old SH2. I can't just swap between the two.

Most likely your line is the issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? You can't just swap your modem to test it's blocking a line or not as it has to be activated by VM.

I have SH3 but I also have my old SH2. I can't just swap between the two.

Most likely your line is the issue.

im not sure if i was clear enough. The box i refer to is Dm800se. The reason I put in this board is because i have reason to believe its modem related.

Box is not clearing via superhub 3 at other location. I tested the line on my box and it cleared fine. (hub 2)

I moved the box to my house and tested and its fine with my superhub 2.

I have still to take my modem to the other location to test if its area specific. Ill do that tonight.

Sounds more like a signal issue or line issue.

Nothing to do with superhub.

Is your dm800se using cable tuner?

Sounds more like a signal issue or line issue.

Nothing to do with superhub.

Is your dm800se using cable tuner?

yes cable tuner. I also tried another 24 hr free test (hub 3) and that clears fine.

Its all pointing to blocked port on that router tho?

They did say the router rebooted over the weekend, so made me think updates went out.

OK so that rules out the superhub being the issue. It's either line or signal. If levels are low you will not get a picture or you will get picture break up in which case you will need a cable booster like a yellow brick.

Cant be line as it clears fine on my setup and it cant be signal as another line works on their setup. Everything has been fine upto when the router rebooted itself.

I just cant think of anything else other than a port being blocked.

If i take my hub 2 to theirs tonight and test at least that will rule out signal although i think it will be fine.

Just as I expected. Took my modem up to their house and boom it clears. However they don't have a hub 3 it's the same as mine (hub 2).

So what the hell is going on?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Is dhcp enabled on Hub 3?

Does the modem assigns a correct IP address to dm800?

I done a factory reset on their router and still wont clear. very strange to say the least. one line works fine and the other doesnt. They clear on my router using my router tho.

I should have tried modem mode now i think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is dhcp enabled on Hub 3?

Does the modem assigns a correct IP address to dm800?

tried both dhcp and static. It goes online with both.

How about connecting something 'safe' (xbox/ps4/smart tv) to the line and then ring VM, asking them to sort it out ?

because they wont find anything wrong. Cmon its VM lol. One things for sure ill not be cloning there modem haha

Remind me of the issue.

You have a cable box with a line that doesn't clear at your house. But if you take it to another house it clears?

What is your signal levels on your cable tuner?

Did you say you have tried modem mode with another router and still having the same issue?

If so it's definitely not a issue with your broadband / router it's either signal to box are you using correct splitter or it's a line issue.

Ok line doesn't clear at house 1. Used line at house 2 and works. Took my router to house 1 and it works. Swapped router back after reset and still doesn't work. Put a new line on at house 1 and works fine.

Oh I've still to try modem mode. I don't seem to even think the router is the problem as the new line clears ok

Got to the bottom of it. VM enabled a child safe option on the routers. Had to phone them to get it lifted. Not sure why mines is still ok tho. It's like I've not had the update

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

You can also turn this Child Safe option off if you login to your VM account.

Its under "My apps" and "Web Safe Settings"

Hi
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the VM software on a super hub 3 to a standard manufacturers image.

Back