Super Smash Bros Brawl

Open imgburn

Select the SSB iso

On the menu, go to tools, settings. Under the write tab is a layer break option. It will be set to "Calculate Optimum"

Change this option to "User specified"

The box "sectors in L0" will then allow you to enter a number for the layerbreak

For SSB the layer break is 2084960

Hope this helps

My first burn with standard img burn settings gave me 1st fight then frozen screen - but with these settings i just get error on boot up - yaosm chip updated also console updated

My first burn with standard img burn settings gave me 1st fight then frozen screen - but with these settings i just get error on boot up - yaosm chip updated also console updated

worked for me on a wiikey. what dl's are you using?

@ Purity, did you set a layer break on yours.

cos i just got white screen after the 3 minute message thing

i imaged the disc back to the drive, and set laer break as above burned at 1x, and it plays now.

maybe it was the media, i have since burned it to a Traxdata Purple.

cheers m8.

i retract that last statement LOL

it just freezes on video, nowt else happens LOL

i imaged the disc back to the drive, and set laer break as above burned at 1x, and it plays now.

maybe it was the media, i have since burned it to a Traxdata Purple.

cheers m8.

try verbatim dual layers burnt at 4x (or less)

i`ve tried nearly every other dual layer disk for various consoles and always go back to verbs as they save me time (and time is money :) ). no messing about
wondering if it is the disk or the laser.

regards
jase

try verbatim dual layers burnt at 4x (or less)

i`ve tried nearly every other dual layer disk for various consoles and always go back to verbs as they save me time (and time is money :) ). no messing about
wondering if it is the disk or the laser.

regards
jase

It is most probable the laser, i have had to adjust the pot on 10-15 wii's due to this very problem even on some d2c drives, seems nintendo wii drives are shite!

If you've upgraded your Wii to 3.3E then the DVD5 versions may not work. Just finished getting a DVD9 version but haven't had time to burn it yet, will report back tonight on yay or nay :)

If you've upgraded your Wii to 3.3E then the DVD5 versions may not work. Just finished getting a DVD9 version but haven't had time to burn it yet, will report back tonight on yay or nay :)

The dvd5 versions will definitely not work if you have upgraded to 3.3 mate.

The dvd5 versions will definitely not work if you have upgraded to 3.3 mate.

That's what I meant but wasn't sure :proud:

I've burnt a copy onto Fuji +R DL media at 2.4x which is the max the media supports and SSBB loads up and plays but does sometimes complain that the media can't be read but a reset of the Wii fixes it. Used the layer break of 2084960 as pointed out by WiiMan :) Played a single fight so here's hoping that when it loads it's OK :)

Back