Super Smash Bros Brawl

savagebasher

Inactive User
hi got this game Super Smash Bros Brawl today but it will not work in my wii i have one of the fist wii to come out as got it on day release i have tried it on a newer wii and it works ok has anybody have same for i have had disc changed and tried on another wii that was bought on the release day and it didnt work on that one is there a prob with early release wii and this game and no the wii is not chipped

jase

Member ++
if i remember correct - super smash is a dual layer disk and older wii`s have a problem as the lasers are worn.

regards
jase

savagebasher

Inactive User
thanks wiiman but i was on www.nintendo.co.uk and they have a bit on there about it and if you phone them they will fix it free of charge i tried phone them bit closed till monday so call them monday and see what they say

wiiman

DW Member ++
thanks wiiman but i was on www.nintendo.co.uk and they have a bit on there about it and if you phone them they will fix it free of charge i tried phone them bit closed till monday so call them monday and see what they say
I don't know if they'll fix it free of charge if its over a year old, also if you have chipped your wii they won't do it for free.

wiiman

DW Member ++

J

Inactive User
just put this game in wii
and it gets to point where it says save data no longer than 3 mins or
something.
then i get white screen .

does this mean that my wii can read daul layer discs ok
and just the game that is fooked ???
or is it something else.

wiiman

DW Member ++
just put this game in wii
and it gets to point where it says save data no longer than 3 mins or
something.
then i get white screen .

does this mean that my wii can read daul layer discs ok
and just the game that is fooked ???
or is it something else.
is it an original or a backup copy?

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
How exactly do you do this wiiman ? i've tried setting this in "write /layer break /user specified" and get an invalid warning .Do you need to have a disc inserted first?

wiiman

DW Member ++
How exactly do you do this wiiman ? i've tried setting this in "write /layer break /user specified" and get an invalid warning .Do you need to have a disc inserted first?
Don't think so mate as mine lets me change layer break with out a disk inserted.

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
how do u do this wiiman???
Open imgburn

Select the SSB iso

On the menu, go to tools, settings. Under the write tab is a layer break option. It will be set to "Calculate Optimum"

Change this option to "User specified"

The box "sectors in L0" will then allow you to enter a number for the layerbreak

For SSB the layer break is 2084960

Hope this helps

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
brother in law phoned nintendo today, he has to send them his wii and the game there are sorting it for free, there are sending him a postage label out.

no idea how long turn round will be but i will post when its back :)

savagebasher

Inactive User
hi i was just about to say the same thing as napstar but i will have to go buy game again as i returned it and got my money back

meanie

Inactive User
i had the unable to read error too following instructions about layer break now but do i have to update my chip aragon it is firmware god knows what ever the fitter fitted it with

update still dont work even with the layer break :(

Last edited:

wiiman

DW Member ++
i had the unable to read error too following instructions about layer break now but do i have to update my chip aragon it is firmware god knows what ever the fitter fitted it with

update still dont work even with the layer break :(
sounds like the laser pot needs adjusting on your wii drive.

TEST