Sunray dm800se clock loses time

Hi wiz Your post caught my eye lol but don't worry if you don't have time.Will do a bit of research

Hi wiz Your post caught my eye lol but don't worry if you don't have time.Will do a bit of research

I will do it but probably not tonight lol

The biggest problem I had at the time was getting cronmanger to stop crashing,every time I tried to go into the config it crashed on creating a new cronjob,
I think I ended up doing it through telnet so I didnt need to open Cronmanager :)

No problem thanks

I've one eye on this and one eye on the match lol

Downloaded Cronmanager from the plugins,so that installed,just need to find the script I used before to poll the NTP server now :)

Ok so getting back to this :)

Install CronManager,should be in your plugins menu

Unzip and FTP the attached file to etc/cron/scripts,
chmod it to 755

Go in too CronManager and press yellow button to add the new script,it will be there in that list

It will ask you to set a time just enter 02 and press ok

Exit out and that should be that :)

Let me know if that works ok as I dont really have the time to check it thoroughly,

and any Linux gurus watching,yes I know its a very basic cronjob so shoot me :D

Attachments

• NTPupdate.zip
    156 bytes · Views: 43
Cheers will give it a bash and get back to you later

Hey Wiz So far so good seems to be keeping time. I really appreciate the time and effort you went to.
Big thanks:)

Hey Wiz So far so good seems to be keeping time. I really appreciate the time and effort you went to.
Big thanks:)

No bother m8,glad to do it,

It may fall behind but should only be by 2 mins max,unless the NTP server goes down lol,
but just be aware of that if planning a recording while box is in standby :)

Cheers wiz

This is working for me cheers wiz :)

Seems to be a bit flaky for me lol

As I previously said I dont normally use standby,but I did the night before last and it didnt work at all,and this morning I came down and checked and it was 2 hrs behind,I turned to grab the remote and it had updated?

I wonder does my setting mean every two hrs instead of every 2 mins??

Must investigate lol

I notice time slips when playing a divx movie from the harddrive on the dreambox.

Ok I think I've cracked it lol

If you ftp in to etc/cron/crontabs and then right click on the root file it should look like this at the moment

02 * * * * /etc/cron/scripts/NTPupdate.sh

Now if you change it to

*/2 * * * * /etc/cron/scripts/NTPupdate.sh

That should work fine,well it did for me all last night

Just make sure you are editing it with a unix editor in unix mode :)

I thought it worked for me but it didn't so I'm gonna try your other solution hopefully the clock works fine now, thank you Wiz :)

Edit : after 30 minutes the clock went back again :(

Last edited:
I thought it worked for me but it didn't so I'm gonna try your other solution hopefully the clock works fine now, thank you Wiz :)

Edit : after 30 minutes the clock went back again :(

Really :(

Its been rock solid here every night for the last 3 nights

what is the script doing checking the time every 2 minutes?

Back