sundtek usb tuner set up

Yes I know really strange, was the reason I got it the Sundtek so I could record/watch, instead of buying a new dual cable box,
having moved from dual sat tuner,

even tried re-enabling the internal tuner with the Sundtek still enabled (B), start recording(shows B highlighted in Red) then zap to another channel and the internal Tuner(A highlighted white) kicks in but fails to clear.

could it be a power issue

also @Napster when you say 2xclines , you mean 2 different lines(shares),
never had to have 2 in the past as not using the same line on another box
also the FTA channels are not all on the same transponder and they don't require a line and don't clear either -

The other possibility is that you do not have enough signal for two tuners. When you add a splitter, you lose signal. have a look at the splitter for what you lose per port.

The other possibility is that you do not have enough signal for two tuners. When you add a splitter, you lose signal. have a look at the splitter for what you lose per port.

yeah thought that at the beginning as I had a 4 way splitter, changed to a 3 way splitter

Tuner:A (Int)
SNR = 93%
AGC = 28%
BER = 0%

Tuner B(Sundtek)
SNR = 99%
AGC = 99%
BER = 0%

so signal strength on the internal , is it too low to have an affect

None of the tuners give a proper value.

Actually discount the theory, you tested the cables individually.

regarding the line I assume I was on 2x connections from the server, if the server only allows 1 connection this will be the issue?

also forgetting cline in this equation shouldn't I be able to view/record FTA channels .?

Going by your previous responses, you tested viewing one and recording another using the internal tuner. To me that rules out the softcam, provided the recorded file plays back.

There are only 5 FTA channels, you also tested that scenario.

Note:
Sometimes people assume the FTA channels on satellite are also FTA on cable, this is not the case. When their issue is actually a Cam issue, they bark up the wrong tree and go in scannning/Net ID/ABM/ AB Cable issues.

Other people use Sundtek's in multi-tuner setups without a problem.

did test 3 again
Test 3.
Disable the internal tuner, set as nothing connected
Connect Sundtek and reboot
Double check tuner configuration
Record one service, select any other service from the bouquets that is not greyed out. Can you record one and watch another? Yes or no answer please.

yes
don't know why this suddenly worked

main problem still occurring

following the initial setup from page 1
in sundtek cc you want to set it to,
hide
yes
no
off
off
off
no
DVB-C
via USB
no

does my config look correct took 2 pics showing hide/show
but my internet keeps dropping off before I can upload will do in the morning,

also checked my line(sever) ne set my line to multi room which is strange as thought multiroom meant more than one box , any way whether or not I got 2 connections or not apart from when the Sundtek is setup up on its own is the only when way I can watch/record just from the same transponder

its late

Last edited:
also
last night when I said the Sundtek was working on test 3 , when I zap back from recoding to / watch and back to the recorded channel it is blank and I need to restart the cam.

cheers I will have a go at that later, thought one of the 2 tuners in the scc needed to be set to YES will start a fresh with both set to NO.

thanks

retested both boxes Miraclebox and Vu Duo , the Vu is sat , so now is 2 sat 1 cable.
configured the Sundtek identical and can record/watch on single transponder(and can record and zap back) without cam freezing, obviously cant test 2 cable feeds at once but will do for now.
Had the miracle box on at the same time connected to splitter, so feed ok.

so could it be a power issue not enough from the USB port on the Miracle box.

Hi,

you might join our chat http://chat.sundtek.de in order to check your issues.
The tuners have several features which are set by default and suitable for most settopboxes, in case one of your box requires different settings we might help you to adjust those options (it's also interesting for us to know - so we might be able to add a box profile to the driver).

retested both boxes Miraclebox and Vu Duo , the Vu is sat , so now is 2 sat 1 cable.
configured the Sundtek identical and can record/watch on single transponder(and can record and zap back) without cam freezing, obviously cant test 2 cable feeds at once but will do for now.
Had the miracle box on at the same time connected to splitter, so feed ok.

so could it be a power issue not enough from the USB port on the Miracle box.

Back