Successfully Recoverd Solo2 & Solo2 SE

Not that i know of..once its been time bombed the only way to recover is to swap flash chip...

I just went and bought the cypress board folk were talking about, bummer!
Downloaded all the files and was wanting to give it a ago as i am sh*t at soldering. Does it matter which chip i get toshiba/samsung?

I just went and bought the cypress board folk were talking about, bummer!
Downloaded all the files and was wanting to give it a ago as i am sh*t at soldering. Does it matter which chip i get toshiba/samsung?

wait out see if someone else has been able to do it..I have not heard of any successes but may be wrong..
toshiba are the ones most use..

Thanks, on the actual vu-hd site they have a guide and a bin file for it so i would have thought it would be possible and on here there seems to be a few posts about jtag recovery of bricked boxes. Not sure if it will work but seems people have uploaded lots of stuff on the matter and apparently did it. Not sure if this was a blank chip or infact my version. Can you clarify for me what all the v2,v3 etc updates are all about? Can this be done once the chip is replaced?

Thanks, on the actual vu-hd site they have a guide and a bin file for it so i would have thought it would be possible and on here there seems to be a few posts about jtag recovery of bricked boxes. Not sure if it will work but seems people have uploaded lots of stuff on the matter and apparently did it. Not sure if this was a blank chip or infact my version. Can you clarify for me what all the v2,v3 etc updates are all about? Can this be done once the chip is replaced?

Yes it's like flashing boot loader it just upgrades it to then recieve v3 v4 images..yes needs to be a running box.

So if i get new chip toshiba from aliexpress or maybe ebay if available. I can update his box to v3 or v4

Can you send only file with cypress usb cyconsole only?
14t0h0o.jpg
331qctx.jpg
i71ruf.jpg
10mj1ic.jpg
24c5qx2.jpg
23s88i0.jpg
2zs1kdu.jpg

Can anyone confirm this procedure works for Solo2 (not Solo2SE)?

Thanks in advance

I need backup vu SOLO2 clone working.
The backup generated from cypress usb console.
Can anyone help me?

can i install the latest sunray image on my lonrison solo2se and if possible get xbmc

can i install the latest sunray image on my lonrison solo2se and if possible get xbmc

Suray images can work on the solo SE worst case scenario is your box does not boot into the image . This just means you will have to reflash with a lonrison image a lot of members use sunray images on their solo se models with no issuse. If the image installs and boot you can use xbmc.

good morning, ok i want buy solo2se clone ok the new modele have the option RECORD flash ,

if u bricked or put wrong image any mores infos ???????

That's great news. A few people have mentioned that the Sunray images (eg OpenVix Apollo 126 for Sunray) with patched drivers work fine for Solo2 SE boxes.
I do confirm. I must correct the previous (and wrong) information I gave Kempt. My Solo2 SE does accept sunray images :) I've just upgraded to Black Hole 3.0.1.F -OE 3​- 2016-01-21-vusolo2-SunRay-ramiMAHER . Really pleased with it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it work with Sunray Solo2?
@olegap what do you mean by saying "needs to be a running box"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. Im a little bit confused about my box. I just bought one, and seens to be a clone Lorinsun, because when i tried to upgrade to a new image (BH, PLI, VIX) just show bootlogo and then goes to a blank screen and at vu+solo2 display shows me just "vu+solo2". Tried Sunray image but did not work. I only was able to install Lorinsun images and images before 2014, like BH 2.1.1. So, any doubts that its a clone or not? :( Can find any new Lorinson image with kodi. Wordering if there is anyway to install a sunray image on that. Thanks for can help me

Back