Study finds insufficient evidence of gaming as a clinical disorder

Wont be long before its give half a dozen new names for its condition/s.
Heres a few
"Run out of ammo sydrome"
"Spell book wont open syndrome"
"No more lifes condition"
"Night or day, dont care condition"

Xbox has completly ruined my kids. I have tried by utmost hardest to keep them occupied as im quite outdoorsy. There mother on the other hand, likes an easy life and encourages it.

Its a loosing battle.

They think nothing of spending every weekend, all weeked trying to get that last kill. Sad state of affairs imho.

Must be a nightmare dexy trying to wean them off the games console. I was lucky really, my lot never really took to the consoles, they preferred football and bikes. Just a shame we live in a country were the weather is utter sh1t for outdoor sports.

My oldest nearly 19 and still on it. Spent all day yesterday on it. Out clubbing last night. Back on it today.

Help haha 🤣

Many years ago I "bought the kids" a Sega master system :rolleyes: ;)
They never really took to consoles whereas since then I have owned an Xbox, PS2, Xbox 360 and the Wii. I now have an Xbox One and a monster gaming pc.
I'm close to 64 and love playing Ghost Recon Wildlands online with an equally old ex work colleague of mine. It's great for me to escape reality for a while, not too great for our young though.

They are more likely to participate in Esports rather than be out kicking a ball and getting fit. Unfortunately that is the way now.

Definitely chookey, I think it bothers me so much as I'm really outdoorsy. Ride snowboards in the winter, ride wakeboard and mountain bike in the summer.

My kids on the other hand are complete opposite. Your right tho @avid could be worse I suppose.

It would be interesting to know who funded the "research", as this can have a profound effect on the results.
But I do agree with the suggestion that excessive (obsessive even?) gaming could be due to underlying issues, many addictions are.
I have an 11 yo nephew who spends a scary amount of time on his Playstation, and when that's not available it's the iPad. Having said that he does also do wakeboarding, hockey, football & rugby - sometimes I wonder how he manages to squeeze school in.

Back