stuck with willem

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
willem 4.5 . set jumpers as you can see from photo. first banks of dips. 3 on. second bank of dips 23568 10 12 on.. 29f linked. a18 linked .. both vpp jumpers open...running 0.97ja software set chip to 29lv160. id the chip correct. took dumps... but the dumps are corrupt. what am i doing wrong?????

.97ja can cause problems - version .97g is regarded as more stable.

just tried that version.. ive obviously got the jumpers set wrong somewhere. it id's the chip but can't get the dumps

what voltage are u using to write /blank chip need a good 10-18 v the modem adapter works well on a 4.1

using a 12v adapter. and all i'm trying to do is read them...all i get is FF DD on the dump.. any ideas???? i'm wondering if the proggrammer is fooked

willem 4.5 . set jumpers as you can see from photo. first banks of dips. 3 on. second bank of dips 23568 10 12 on.. 29f linked. a18 linked .. both vpp jumpers open...running 0.97ja software set chip to 29lv160. id the chip correct. took dumps... but the dumps are corrupt. what am i doing wrong?????
i set the willem as follows

main dip switch 123 off 4 on
other dip switch set as
1 off 2 3 on 4 off 5 6 on 7 off 8 on 9 off 10 on 11 off 12 on
jumpers as follows

vpp and 29f jumpered
between the 2 sets of dips
nearest the main dip jumper A18 and next joined to the right jumpers vpp and 1 above joined

will post a pic soon

i just found your post from a while ago, just set it up...i'm getting some info back. but when i try read in bk 2.2 says corrupt....ive cleaned the legs etc... problem is i don't no what the dump is supposed to like ( so to speak LOL)

i just found your post from a while ago, just set it up...i'm getting some info back. but when i try read in bk 2.2 says corrupt....ive cleaned the legs etc... problem is i don't no what the dump is supposed to like ( so to speak LOL)
set it like this

if u get a dump and can not read it send it to me
pm me for e-mail addy

email sent
sent back they r corupt try instructions on e-mail

i use a 16v power supply
try a power supply off a NTL/C/W MODEM

Last edited:
just emailed you back with a couple of questions mate... tottaly different dumps but still says corrupt.

try with all off

just a thought check that u have the dips the right way around dont use the diagram on the software copy my picture

hey up mate ..god i hate atmels and i made such a good job of removing them..it id's the chip every time it also says manufacturer 0x1f and device code 0xc0 if that means anything????ive tried everything now...except putting a bigger power supply to it... does the config setting in the program set itself????

you mean the dips on the power dips??? the last one i read was like that....my programmer is set exactly how your picture shows it, then ive tried with all the power dips off...

you mean the dips on the power dips??? the last one i read was like that....my programmer is set exactly how your picture shows it, then ive tried with all the power dips off...
try with just 3 on the others offwhat is ur power supply
rating in mwatts

let me know how u get on m8 i am off to bed
cya in the morning

hey up mate ..god i hate atmels and i made such a good job of removing them..it id's the chip every time it also says manufacturer 0x1f and device code 0xc0 if that means anything????ive tried everything now...except putting a bigger power supply to it... does the config setting in the program set itself????

Those are similar to what I got when the seating wasn't correct, one time it took over and hour of reseating etc till I could get em to ID correct, also fro the record, I used a ambit 200 power supply, 12v I think.

first supply 12v 300ma second supply 12v 500ma.. is that enough????i'm going to have to try my modem lead .

Back