Stuck in Tune, but not.......

Dave Mckenzie

Inactive User
Reaction score
...turned the tele on this morning and my pace 4001 was stuck on tune, so tried a forced boot and no joy, pulled the red jumper still no joy, so tried a forced boot again and the following happened......

It went to TUNE, ***, PHL, TUNE, PHL, TUNE and then looked as if it was on standby, presed the power button and it said on the screen *** : HOME instead of ******......n now it wont go off tune.

so ive changed the tuner and still no joy, changed the ram and nothing.

HELP PLEASE

try leaving it to boot up had this before and it eventuly booted up
also check id and frequency no splitters in line and if all that fails the reflow atties

sounds a good reply to me alan mate hows it going

Attempting Force updating in these circumstances will actually hinder rather than help !

As the update is downloaded from a transponder and the box cant see any transponders then all you achieve is to tell the box to mark its own copy of its operating system for deletion but without the opertunity of aquiring a new copy.

If a box is stuck on tune then it really needs fixing before you can do anything with it. If the problem is not the cim (cable interface module) then likeliest would be one of the actual tuner assemblies (cant remember which one now for the TV side of things) or the tuner power supply (capacitors are the usual failure but voltage regulators can also die)

I'm assuming here that all your parameters like default frequency and NetId are set properly for your area and that you have a hardware fault.

Last edited:
yeah its all ok, when i get home mate, ill just leave it for half hour, see what happens

Back