Struggling with a 4010n

inerita

Member ++
Reaction score
I bought this pace 4010N off ebay a while back and decided to do it tonight.
Ive been at it all night with no joy.
I have a samsung which i got working no problems on an ATMEGA163 AU card and has worked for months.

First thing I did was cut the talk back. This is a thin track near the rear right on the main board.
I thin plugged it all in with no card and went straight to the engineers menu. It was on the wrong frequancy and NetID, so I moved the red jumper off for 2 minutes and went back into the engineers menu and set the Frequancy to 666,750 (Manchester 2) , these boxes pick up the netID by themselves I have read ?.
It locked on downlink, but no return path locked, so great, so far so good.
I got my JTAG out and got th e BK and IRD. the IRD m,atched the one on the label, so looking good again.

I programmed an ATMEGA163 24c256 card ( I think it s a copy its plain white with AT written on the chip and 050520 written on the card in print, I bought a few of them off ebay.) Using Toxic 7 and the guide, I put in the newest keys for NTL, and used the NTL flash. ( i am in an ntl area which is ex c+W , should i be using ht ec+w keys and c+w flash ?).

I put the card in, powered the box up, got the NTL: logo, then starting for abotu 20 seconds, then it started to update the firmware, this took about 3 minutes, then the screen went black , nothign came on the box display, I left this for 10 minutes to make sur eit had finished updating, then decided to try rebooting the box (unplugged it and plugged it back in).
Got the NTL: logo again, and the starting ... and it said in the background "this channel can not be viewed at this time" tgen after abotu 30 secodns the screen went blank and nothign showed on the LED display either.

I tried the "new ATMEGA" guide and hex`s as well as a few others to no avail.

Anyone got any pointers on what im doing wrong ?

Anotehr point, my NETID is 41060 , btu the box generaly finds 41058 or 41062 or soemthign around those areas, is this the problem, and if so how do i solve it ?

Thanks for any help, all apreciated.

The Pace 4010 is a davic (pure NTL) box, for your region you need a 4000.

Hi
I maybe wrong cos it often happens
But the 4010 box works in all areas
so dont worry but the net id must match yours
Net id will only auto set in pure nthell
So u need to set it via funcard or libby method
Other thing have u got the freeview channels
If not its the net id
if u have then u have programmed the card wrong

crackerchalk said:
Hi
I maybe wrong cos it often happens
But the 4010 box works in all areas
so dont worry but the net id must match yours
Net id will only auto set in pure nthell
So u need to set it via funcard or libby method
Other thing have u got the freeview channels
If not its the net id
if u have then u have programmed the card wrong

Hi,
No freeview channels, so its the NETID, thanks a lot for your help people, I thought the 40410n was for both NTL and ex C+W areas.

The thing is, my box wont accept the funcard method, it doesnt reboot when it should. buit when i do a complete reset and put the frequancy back in, it does find itself a NETID very close to my NETID, just not Spot on.

Whats the libby method ? can I use my JTAG or do I need somethign else ?

Thanks

yes mate use j.tag,
its little gadget which you conect to main board and run a program called OCD
to set ur id manually instructions r up here on the net

4010 in TW area

inerita said:
Hi,
No freeview channels, so its the NETID, thanks a lot for your help people, I thought the 40410n was for both NTL and ex C+W areas.

The thing is, my box wont accept the funcard method, it doesnt reboot when it should. buit when i do a complete reset and put the frequancy back in, it does find itself a NETID very close to my NETID, just not Spot on.

Whats the libby method ? can I use my JTAG or do I need somethign else ?

Thanks

I have the same problem using the funcard method - I followed the BigMAQ tut exactly.

I am trying to use a 4010 in TW area. But step 9 in BIGmAQ tut ( the stb will reboot) does not happen - CAN ANYONE HELP?

BTW when u are doing the funcard method do you keep the cable feed connected or not? - if not then when do u connect

Back