Strikeforce - Spoilers

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So Fedor has his first legit loss.

All props to werdum, managed to get fedor to follow him to the ground and do something unusual and get fedor to lose his usual cool control.

Werdum crazy asking for a rematch but I guess overeem is next for him.

Dana must to laughing his ass off right now. With werdum losing to JDS I guess he has bragging rights until the demolition man moves to UFC.

Personally I think fedor is way overrated, he hasnt really fought anyone recently whos any good, even werdum is like ranked 9th or 10th. Fedor is a good fighter, but I think put him in with world class heavyweights, or the upper tier in the ufc and he will get his arse handed to him

Fedor is one of the best of all time, if not the best. OK his recent fights have been against a bunch of UFC castoffs and a tyre changer who had him in trouble.

I think his undoing was one of his greatest strenghts that he didn't give werdum enough respect. He din't knock werdum done, werdum flopped and fedor fell straight into his guard. Against big nog, fedor gave him the respect and stayed out of his guard.

Anyway they have both asked for a rematch so we will see what happens.

Personally I think the demolition man will blow both of them away.

omg did Fedor lose then hahaahah betdana having fun
im so pumped for next weeks ufc

yeh, theres no doubt in my mind hes one of the best, i just dont think he is the best

this weeks ufc will be awesome!

UFC 116 looks OK, shame about wanderlia pulling out. There should be some good fights on the undercard.

As for the main event, my money is on Shane. I think ring rust is going to be an issue for Brock and nobody knows for sure how badly the illness has effected him. If you have seen his training video with Randy, I don't think he looked all that great.

ive got shane winning this match by ko dont think it go past second round no way will it shanes going go right thru him

What a UFC last night! thought leben was a warrior, and brock has some chin, 70odd unanswered blows then subs him, carwins cardio looked appauling, suppose tho hes never been out of the first round, one of the best events imho

What a UFC last night! thought leben was a warrior, and brock has some chin, 70odd unanswered blows then subs him, carwins cardio looked appauling, suppose tho hes never been out of the first round, one of the best events imho

you know i was thinking and looking at lesner when he was entering the cage and saying he dont look right and thinking he would get beat.

He did not look the same in the first round but i think carwin did punch himself out thus making it a lot easier for lesner in 2n round, and lenser was lucky as it looked as if ref was gonna stop it at one point.

but leben lol he looked like a drunk swinging in the street after getting caught and was a good fight lol credit to him.

why everyone saying brock got good chin he got dropped how many times lol
only reason didnt get ko cause way he covered up ref should stopped it
i dont know how hes going to handle dos santos he go right thru brock
ill give brock credit tho ref was good to him that night he came back and won
but wot a joke carwin was
co main event was sick aswell good match up be good if he does fight wandy
that be good war

I think in the championship matches they tend to have a bit of leaway, I remember them letting the carwin/mir fight go on until mir was actually out.

As for brock, I thought he turned turtle way to easily. Difficult to say when you got one of the hardest hitters in MMA standing in front of you. Also until carwin gassed, brock had no success taking carwin down. Carwin said he did not gas, but had bad cramps in his legs, maybe too much adernline as opposed to latic acid buildup.

I think ring rust also played a part or maybe brock is not the same fighter he was a year ago, maybe that killer instinct is gone with the newer 'softer' brock.

Anyway, roll on Cain. No doubt brook is stronger but Cain has virtually unlimited cardio, much better technically at striking then Carwin and solid wrestling (apparently he wrestled at a time which was much tougher competition). Main issue seems to be a suspect chin, may not be an issue with brock having such terrible striking.

Back