street parking problems

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
i live in a small street where nearly every other house has 2 cars cant park anywhere i wanted to write a letter to my local council for the whole street to sign asking them for off street parking as they have done this in other parts of the town but as im not very good at this sort of thing i wondered if u guys could give me a bit of advise as what to say please

Off street parking.

f your home is a current or former council property, you will be
required to complete a Housing Services application form.
This form may be obtained from your local Area Housing
Office. Once completed, the form should be returned to the
office for consideration. An inspection will be carried out and
your neighbours will be asked for their comments. This is to
safeguard the appearance of the estate, the interests of the
Council and the interests of your neighbours. Once a decision
has been reached, your Housing Management Officer will write
to you with the decision.

hope this helps ;)

i live in a small street where nearly every other house has 2 cars cant park anywhere i wanted to write a letter to my local council for the whole street to sign asking them for off street parking as they have done this in other parts of the town but as im not very good at this sort of thing i wondered if u guys could give me a bit of advise as what to say please

ask the council to put a white line outsid your house then no one but you can park there , i have one its free ,the roads dept is what you ask for in the council hope this helps .
it did me good

Just go out in the middle of the night and do it your self when no ones looking............lol

no what i mean is in our street houses on both sides we only park on one side for some reason have done since i lived here (24 years) even before i had a car it has council & bought houses in street i want council to dig up the bit of front garden we all have and give us drive ways they have done this in other parts of the town even to the houses behind us the street where i live will sign a petition to ask for this but want me to write it and as you can see i am not very good with words (lol) so if someone could advice me on what to write it would be much apprecated

ask the council to put a white line outsid your house then no one but you can park there , i have one its free ,the roads dept is what you ask for in the council hope this helps .
it did me good

Surley you can only get one of these if you are disabled etc ? :err:

parking seems to be a problem in loads of places where i live it can be a nightmare finding a place. especially late evening alot of students live in my area so 1 house can have 3 cars. ticket warden starts walking about at 7.30 in the morning. local paper reakons council making 22 grand a week in reading from tickets. yet they don't seem to use money to solve parking

no m8 we have had for 4 years now now 25 othere people have they dont tell you its free but it is ,3 doors up they just got 4weeks ago hes a taxi driver

I think he's just talking about the white courtesy lines mate, not the disabled parking bays that the council also issue if you meet the critiria.

Back