Tech News Streaming TV is about to get very expensive – here’s why

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
With Disney, Apple and others about to launch their own services, a lot of your favourite shows are likely to vanish behind paywalls. The golden age of streaming is over

Read full article

Wow, great way to encourage piracy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry did that on my phone and can't edit the it now :-(

I'm sure those who have IPTV will be ok :)

If not, torrents and real-debrid will have me sorted.

I won't pay for anymore than the current Netflix sub i have and the IPTV package i use.

I love my marvels and all that so looking forward to the disney plus app coming out. For me it will blow the rest out the water

Wont be a problem if we all end up storming Area 51.

@MH im not sure on that outlook, as if a lot of content and best content is removed from skys platform those will just pay for Disney+.
Those that love disneys content might find it difficult paying sky if its not showing it?
Considering disney is going full stream with this and they bought 21st century fox also.
There can only be a bad outcome for sky. They will need to dig deep to continue to show disney content. But i dont think disney want that. They are wanting there stand alone platform for themselves.
Who knows what will happen later down the line if disney take the same approach with 21st century fox content? As they own that also.
Either side of coin its not good for sky.

Not to long ago sky had the lot.
Sports has changed with BT on the scene recently. Yet again to watch football you need pay sky and BT.
We are now seeing this happen on movies. At what stage do you stop paying for sky sports, BT sports, sky movies, disney+.
To many platforms, and costing to much. Thats why i suspect (and hope) those affected with disneys content being removed from sky will see the light and just cancel the sky and buy disney+. At £7 a month much cheaper.

Good old Kodi, Real Debrid, Torrents and Newsgroups have me covered as it's already too expensive. Maybe when the tv license fee is scrapped, more people may be inclined to spend money on TV subscriptions.

The only tv i subscribe to is Netflix (due to getting it for Turkey prices and sharing with family, it's a steal at around £4/5 a month for the 4K package) and Amazon Prime for the free deliveries etc.

Disney executives have cut the word "Fox" from their 20th Century Fox film studio in an apparent bid to distance it from operations of the previous owner, Rupert Murdoch

Link below:
Disney culls 'Fox' from 20th Century Fox in rebrand

Empire is slowly dying.
Ruberts sons might not be able to charge what they wanted!
(fooking scum they are)!!

Sky TV seems to in a bit of trouble.
If not now..... certainly coming soon.
Hopefully then it hits the football market also.
🙂

Last edited:
Have you seen the film Bombshell about Fox News which is owned by the Murdoch’s.
Worth a look at the way the Network was run by Roger Ailes and the Murdoch’s.

I doubt anything would be cheaper if Sly collapsed and Dollarsney took their place.

Back