Streaming to PC

babylon5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I uploaded Gavs12345 image labelled Sportster_200511_2xI. This is working well. I have installed TRex, Tuxvision and winserver. I can;t get tuxvision to display the tv image. When I select the test config i get the dbox is online. when i select preview it takes about a minute and then I get an error stating PID and then something like retry (sorry didn't write it down)

Please could anyone provide some steps on what else to try.

The same thing happens with me, I even installed TRex, but it still shows that message.

Yes, I get the same PID message with Tuxvision and I've installed Trex. However JTG with VLC media player works fine for streaming from the dbox to the pc.
Using xp pro with a sportster neutrino image...

UPDATE - Got gavs12345 SportSter_200511_2xI image to streamusing Tuxvision and Winserver. Install Trex, restart machine. Install Tuxvision. Restart machine. launch Trex, then shut it down (I have no idea if this helps but i did this just to check out Trex). when I launched Tuxvision and set the options to the ip address of the dbox, I can see tuxvision reading all the channels. It then checks the radio button for Radio. If I select a channel from the list I get a Neutrino display on the screen stating:

Error no channels were found, perform scan
dbox - service

I didn't get time to write the exact message as the dbox switches off after a few seconds. I turn it on, perform a service scan. I was also in the process of adding new channels so Iw as performing the bruteforce scan (you can find a tut on this here - upload 2 files, reboot the dbox and you will find service provider states bruteforce when performing a service scan).

I performed the scan (which went pretty quick, didn't get any new channels :-( ) . Anyway I went back to TV mode to watch channels. On Tuxvision I select the TV radio button and it started reading the channels. I selected a channel and hit the preview button. Took about a minute but I got the video streaming :). FYI - you can select another channel and hit preview but it will only stream the channel you watch via the remote control.

So for anyone out there with streaming issues on tuxvision investigate the service scan options of your dbox.

I tried to stream the video on another new machine on the network. Found out that you have to install additional networking files. By default Windows in not installed with this on so streaming will not work as the http service is not installed. Go to control panel, add/remove programs, select additional windows components and select the options for web services, http service, networking utils. Once this was installed and re-booted the streaming worked.

Please could you clarify the additional XP components to install - I cannot locate the files you describe, only IIS components.

Hi guys, havent read the thread properly but in my opinion BitControl is a much better piece of software for this, and it does the exact same thing as TuxVision. You can get it from the downloads section or from google.

Liam

:xmas: I had the same issues of PID problems when using tuxvision with trex installed. Problem solved when i tried the versions attached...hope this helps:angelwing

Xssacutor said:
Please could you clarify the additional XP components to install - I cannot locate the files you describe, only IIS components.

I installed:
All IIS services (world wide web services stays greyed out) (Note if you only want to stream to this machine you don't need these services, these will provide the utils to access the internet).

All Networking services. Will need these

neathdrew & babylon5:

Thanks - tried both those but still no joy (unless I click Preview, which will stop the picture on the TV)

The only success I have had is using VLC.

I cannot get Jack The Grabber to work at all (being in German does not help). It refuses to remember my dbox IP.

Tuxvision & TRex are no longer 100% compatible to new Images and the maker of tuxvision died a few years ago in a crash.

Do you want to record or just watch TV

Both is now possible with the latest 1.40 Version of the YWeb Via VLC Activex

Xssacutor said:
neathdrew & babylon5:

Thanks - tried both those but still no joy (unless I click Preview, which will stop the picture on the TV)

The only success I have had is using VLC.

I cannot get Jack The Grabber to work at all (being in German does not help). It refuses to remember my dbox IP.

you need to save by pressing the speichem command...in optionen

@Neathdrew

Nice to see some of my old work ;-)

pt-1 said:
@Neathdrew

Nice to see some of my old work ;-)

didn't know who created it but it's vey helpful - thanks

got a copy that's not cut off on the right? lol

Last edited:
Thanks again neathdrew (and pt-1). Yes - a full page version would be cool!

I have only tried a few things with JTG, but at least I am getting something to work. Will spend more time later.

pt-1 said:
Do you want to record or just watch TV

Both is now possible with the latest 1.40 Version of the YWeb Via VLC Activex

I have tried to locate an older version of YWeb (so that I can apply the patch you posted). Please could you point me in the right direction.

You mention that this should be put on the dbox. Where would you do this?

TIA

Depending on what Image you have you should have 1.36 on it. From that Version you can update to any higher Version.

1.40 Version

How to install:

yWeb_Installer.jpg

pt-1

I am intrigued by this interface, but think that my image does not have it. I have a folder /share/tuxbox/neutrino/httpd-y/ with file names similar or identical to the 1.40 file you uploaded.

In IE, if I type in http://dbox_ip_address I get this:

It doesn't seem to offer any viewing option.

I don't know how to locate any other web pages on the dbox.

I was also a little unclear how you would upload the update.

Xssacutor said:
pt-1

I am intrigued by this interface, but think that my image does not have it. I have a folder /share/tuxbox/neutrino/httpd-y/ with file names similar or identical to the 1.40 file you uploaded.

In IE, if I type in http://dbox_ip_address I get this:

It doesn't seem to offer any viewing option.

I don't know how to locate any other web pages on the dbox.

I was also a little unclear how you would upload the update.

What Image are you using ? In some Images you can choose what Web Interface you want to use...

Back