Streaming to Dbox: Video conversion software

hhjdhgjsdsjshjs

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just thought I pass on some info on converting video to ts files for playback on Dbox.

Background:
I was having problems playing Xvid movies on Dbox by streaming via VLC, so I investigated some tools to convert video files.

Videora for Xbox360 is a Gui for ffmpg to covert video into formats that are playable on that device. With a few changes to the configuration you can easily change to MPEG2 and 23fps.

After you have converted file you can easily change format to TS in ProjectX.

Thought this would be helpful as the conversion is really quick(real time).

hhjdhgjsdsjshjs said:
Just thought I pass on some info on converting video to ts files for playback on Dbox.

Background:
I was having problems playing Xvid movies on Dbox by streaming via VLC, so I investigated some tools to convert video files.

Videora for Xbox360 is a Gui for ffmpg to covert video into formats that are playable on that device. With a few changes to the configuration you can easily change to MPEG2 and 23fps.

Thought this would be helpful as the conversion is really quick(real time).

thianks for the info m8

sure it will help some others on here

cheers

hhjdhgjsdsjshjs said:

On another post I have been asking how to convert a DivX .avi file to a .ts file.

What you seem to be saying is what I am looking for, but please could you explain how you do this.
Also, what do you need to change in Videora ro get the correct settings?

TIA

Videora Xbox converter details

hi,
You can download Videora Xbox converter here:
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/Xbox360/download.php

basically, go to setup, profiles pick "MPEG-2/720x480/16:9/1Mbps Stereo/128kbps" as a template.

edit Resolution to 544x480 and rename your profile Dbox.

Now from convert, Click "one click trascode" and select your source media, this can be divx, xvid etc.
This will now convert to MPEG2 which your dbox can play.

Let me know if you need anymore details.

hhjdhgjsdsjshjs said:
hi,
You can download Videora Xbox converter here:
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/Xbox360/download.php

basically, go to setup, profiles pick "MPEG-2/720x480/16:9/1Mbps Stereo/128kbps" as a template.

edit Resolution to 544x480 and rename your profile Dbox.

Now from convert, Click "one click trascode" and select your source media, this can be divx, xvid etc.
This will now convert to MPEG2 which your dbox can play.

Let me know if you need anymore details.
Surely the vertical resolution has to be 576, as the Dbox doesn't like NTSC? Also, 1mbps is extremely low. Most broadcasts are at least 2mbit, and those are created with high quality hardware encoders.

videora coverter settings updated

Sorry wrote reply up quickly, here are my settings:

Mode MPEG2, BitRate 2048Kbps, Res 576x480, Frames 23.976 fps.

hhjdhgjsdsjshjs said:
Sorry wrote reply up quickly, here are my settings:

Mode MPEG2, BitRate 2048Kbps, Res 576x480, Frames 23.976 fps.
For a 1-pass encode, I wouldn't go much below 3000kbps. 2048 is lower than an SVCD and with a higher resolution. 23.976fps is also still a problem, unless newer images have better NTSC support that I am not aware of. With that in mind, for NTSC material, if you're going to re-convert it anyway, you might as well convert it to full DVD specs and burn it to a disc.

Back