Streaming strange one

rob343

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have got WMP11 streaming server setup and it has been working fine, i have come to watch so stuff this morning and it aint working.

i am getting the connecting and it is seeing all the films and even showing the pic preview of the film, but when i try run it it says unsupported media. like i said this has been working and it is showing the pic ???

help, i would like to get this working before i go down the route of tversity.

thanks

rob

I have got WMP11 streaming server setup and it has been working fine, i have come to watch so stuff this morning and it aint working.

i am getting the connecting and it is seeing all the films and even showing the pic preview of the film, but when i try run it it says unsupported media. like i said this has been working and it is showing the pic ???

help, i would like to get this working before i go down the route of tversity.

thanks

rob

Try turning the media sharing off on the PC. Then try and view the media on the PS3, and it should know that media sharing is turned off. Turn off media sharing on the PS3.

Turn media sharing back on, on both, and then do the same thing. Hopefully this will refresh the connection and the media will play

Have you played the same files before through your PS3?

Have you installed any antivirus or firewall software that could be blocking the connection?

No problem. Glad you got it sorted. I've had a similar issue in the past. The PS3 seems to forget it has a streaming connection so you just need to re-connect it

Back