streaming channels from vu to my android

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys...if i have my superhub connected directly to my vu=duo i can watch on my andrid using dreamdoid...however the wifi on the virgin superhub 480 is not that good, so i disabled the wifi feature on the superhub..and im using it now in modem mode which is now connected to my tp link wireless router...however i cannot connect to the vu duo from my android...i entered the deatails of my vu network settings in the dreamdroid app but it doesnt connect...do ineed to change any settings on the router or something?..cheers

yes...my network adaptor settings are 192.168.1.105...i entered that into the dreamdroid app...but doesnt connect...also checked the login and password on the app, that is the same, as i havnt changed it..

I use same setup. Superhub in modem mode and tplink wireless router and I have no probs streaming over my LAN. Just entered usuall settings in app.

Personally I prefer androiddreamer and daroon player but dreamdroid works also

@mark the yid....anything needs setting in the tp link router ?...what security do you have in the router..ive got wpa2 security?.......ok making some progress...i can now connect to my duo, select a channel in sd..when itap "stream"...all i get is "bufferring"...using daroon player, also vplayer and mx player..all same result....? i have fixed sky dish..

ok also tried androidreamer...still get buffereing...

Last edited:
1. Try using web interface using the browser on your phone. If you can connect OK, then this eliminates the router from your equation.

2. If above is OK, maybe reinstall dreamdroid?

yes i can connect using the web browser, if i enter 192.168.1.5 i can get the boquets list up..but cant stream though..

i downloaded androiddreamer and set it up but just get buffering....wonder if its a firewall on the modem ?...just had virgin 30meg installed today with superhub

5 or 105
Mismatch in your values.
typo error...its 105

got an idea...will remove router and connect duo directly to superhub, will switch wifi back on superhub and see if i can stream from duo to android...

Last edited:
Don't forget IP addresses will change. I should add that HD channels will have issues owing to bandwidth, SD are fine.

Were you trying to stream HD or SD?

I can only get SD to stream on mine

ok..still the same...vu duo connected directly to super hub.wifi switched on superhub...no router...still get the same, ie stuck on buffereing...has to be issue with superhub?...im trying only sd channels, as hd channels have issues..

this may be a silly question but when the router is also connected does the ethernet connection from duo go the wirless router or the superhub ?

hmmm...also noticed that the red light does come on my vu+duo display (genuine duo)...im sure it use to before, so when i select a non sd channel...im sure a red light is displayed on the duo lcd screen...im sure i remember that from before..

may try reflashing my backup image to duo...

Last edited:
If you have switched the SH to modem mode, only one port is left active. You connect the router to the port nearest the coax connector. Ignore the other three ports.

All other devices must be plugged in to to the router as the superhub is now only a modem.

If you have switched the SH to modem mode, only one port is left active. You connect the router to the port nearest the coax connector. Ignore the other three ports.

All other devices must be plugged in to to the router as the superhub is now only a modem.
yes thats what i have....ethernet from port nearest to the coax connetcor to input on tp link router............and ethernet from duo into a free port on the router...

in adapator settings on the duo...should "use interface" and "use dhcp"....be ticked as "yes"?

Last edited:
Yes to use interface, otherwise the receiver will not use the network port.

Yes to DHCP.
This means STB asks for an IP, router gives it what ever is available. Downside, is that sometimes they change if you reboot the router. Once it has obtained IP you can disable it and go static so that it won't change.

If you say no, the STB will ask the router to give it a particular IP. If it is free you will get it otherwise no connection.

Another option is IP reservation on the router which will allow you to keep dhcp on and the router won't give out that IP address to any other mac address.

lol...thanks m8....this was the problem, i wasnt connecting it into the right ports, though i did have the right connections but it wasnt...doh !...what a wally....lol, all fine now....i find that vlc player works the best with androiddreamer, only thing is that with android dreamer it doesnt show whats on as with dreamdroid when you loook at the boquets list...

Back