Strange light flashing on super hub

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As you can see from the video, Upstream downstream light going crazy causing my WAN lights to flash on my router. Virgin don't believe there is a problem but it's been like this ever since a network outage in my area a few months back

[youtube]http://youtu.be/bUy_2oi-r5s[/youtube]

Is there something wrong or is this normal? If there is, what do I need to say to them to make them believe me and send out a new hub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My virgin super hub has been doing that for months. At first I thought there someone on my network that shouldn't of been. But check and all devices accounted for. Even still they would need to be on it 24/7. As mine never stops flashing.
(but I do remember it never used to do it)

My virgin super hub has been doing that for months. At first I thought there someone on my network that shouldn't of been. But check and all devices accounted for. Even still they would need to be on it 24/7. As mine never stops flashing.
(but I do remember it never used to do it)

Same here. Mine didn't use to do this before the outage

Has anyone else experienced this or know what's going on? I don't want my own router to burn out as a result. This happens even when the superhub is not in modem only mode and is operating as a router without my own router connected. Have done the usual reboot to clear out any potential issues.

It's not causing me any performance issues that I know of

They have been changing all sorts on the networks for the speed upgrade they are working on. If there are no performance issue I wouldn't worry. I have had slow days and fast days as well as a couple of outages recently.

I can't say I have noticed any more lights flashing on my hub or router, I wouldn't say I look at it often though.

Do you have Broadband hypochondria maybe lol?

It's explained here, something to do with the way the new CMTS uses ARP.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I don't know why the traffic is on the LAN port either but if you were so inclined you could use Wireshark to capture and investigate the traffic.

Back