Strange flashing lights on NTL

Console Master

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyones modem started behaving strangely in the last few hours? Lights all flashing at once and no internet access?

yes, 2 of my modems have, I think It's due to an update???

also, cannot flash the modem's in the usuall manner and had to use a differen't modem that has not been connect in the last few weeks to get online, don't know how long this will last though,

any idea?

oooo i was waiting on this 1, my 120 with a 120 mac done this, i rebooted it(seems fine now syn and ready are on) did not test as i had work. But if its a 120, 100 with a 200 mac chances are its wrecked. and 200 with a 120 100 mac, as this will install incompadable firmware so it will be willim time, Read the past posts m8 it was happening on other parts of the uk last week.

cheers m8,

It was a 200 with a 120 mac,

just read the long thread about this,

I'm back up again with a 200 and a 120 mac but I don't know for how long or how n*l roll out the updates, I think mine went off last night between 4-5am.

what's willim m8?

troopy said:
cheers m8,
It was a 200 with a 120 mac,
just read the long thread about this,
I'm back up again with a 200 and a 120 mac but I don't know for how long or how n*l roll out the updates, I think mine went off last night between 4-5am.
what's willim m8?

Ok m8, willim is a chip progy, you dont want to have to go down this road, sufface mount chip

thanks m8, I'd rather not but wouldn't mind going down that road if needs must, does the surface mount chip need to be removed?

troopy said:
thanks m8, I'd rather not but wouldn't mind going down that road if needs must, does the surface mount chip need to be removed?

Yes m8 removed and reflashed with a pre updaded firmware, you have to use a hot air blower to do this, do a search m8 theres a video anal on it.

cheers m8, If it's the amtel removal vid there's seems to be a problem with the site it's hosted on not allowing direct linking or something.

These hot air blowers arn't cheap eh?

Yea m8 they aren’t to bad on price, ill also invest on a willim 4.5 it has the 48 pin adapter built in, the hot air blower and iron all in one at Maplins for 40 quid.

wow, I was thinking well over 100 for the blower and another 40 or so for the willim

I'm heading over to maplins online to order one right now.

also, found the vid, cheers m8

no problem m8. Good luck. Looks like this will be the only way from now on people. Will have to flash it every time you want to change the MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will sort the men from the boys lol LONG LIVE THE AMBITS!!!!!

troopy said:
cheers m8
Don't suppose you could have a look at this:
http://www.willem.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1096059220 Is that what I need?
I'd appreciate it as I don't want to buy the wrong stuff, I found I have a hot air blower attachment for my gas soldering Iron so I'm eager to get started.

Yes m8 this is the one you want, the 4.5. Its has the TSOP 48 adapter which is what you need.

Console Master said:
Has anyones modem started behaving strangely in the last few hours? Lights all flashing at once and no internet access?
Hey console master ive got the same prolem aswell in lestr on my ntl 200 modem i think iv been hit with the new update as a ntl logo has appeared on the modem config menu. does any one know how i can fix this thanks?
All help is appreciated
Thanks
akp

Back