Stop update from 17.6 Kryten to 18.0 Leia

muskrat

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all,

Is there a command that stops my android box from auto-updating Kodi from Kryten to Leia? I've looked and looked all over and thought I had found the command but it seems not, I prefer Kryten so don't want to update to Leia. Many thanks in advance

Open play store, look up kodi, press the menu button, unstick auto update

Have found and disabled auto-update within Kodi but is still seems to update anyway, the only version available on play store is Leia

Uninstall get old version from kodi Web site and do as above

Have already done that so when it updates I uninstall Leia and re-install Kryten, I also have found the command within Kodi that supposed to stop the Auto-update routine but after 2-3 days I go to access the box and Leia is in. It wouldn't be so bad if Cellardoor updated their stuff to cover Leia, I suppose I'll just have to wait for Cellardoor.

I am not sure about this but if you get a kodi fork, say like one nation where kodi has been renamed. If you just disable the one nation then you have a 17.6 version of kodi left with no updates. My last thoughts were pretty poor on android so i am only suggesting a possible option

Have already done that so when it updates I uninstall Leia and re-install Kryten, I also have found the command within Kodi that supposed to stop the Auto-update routine but after 2-3 days I go to access the box and Leia is in. It wouldn't be so bad if Cellardoor updated their stuff to cover Leia, I suppose I'll just have to wait for Cellardoor.

The command is in play store, you look up Kodi (it will be 18) click on it do NOT the click update. click on the 3 lines then unclick auto update

The command is in play store, you look up Kodi (it will be 18) click on it do NOT the click update. click on the 3 lines then unclick auto update

Have found and tried this, I installed Kryten from my eternal HD plugged into the box and opened PS, clicked the three dots in the top right of the screen and unticked the auto-update option, will see if it's retained Kryten after the weekend and report back, nice one if it works mate, thank you

Back