staying safe with clone

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey peeps, just like to make sure that i'm ultra safe and also let other people know how to

So i'm using SMAC to spoof my mac address of my network card
I'm going to change the config file on my modem every few months.
I won't use outlook/web server to connect to my ISP's.
I won't use the newsgroups from source ( my isp )

Any thing else that peeps should look out for and NOT do?

thank to all

I am interested to know why one should not use the news server from your ISP if you are using a cloned modem.

some thing to do with your mac address and the ip or something when you connect to thier servers to retrieve your mail.

All ways been told that

I don't use their mail or the web server but having to without their news sever would be a bummer.

Well i hope that some one else can help you on this as i'm not sure, i've all ways played it safe and never connected to the newsgroup they run.

Could all be chinese wispers ofcourse but some tech person will clear it up.

Provider Newsgroups should be safe enough as long as you dont actually have to log in using account/passwords.

If you are ultra paranoid though then using a cloned modem is not for you. There is no guaranteed safe way of using these things !

i'm in the ultra paranoid gang me........lol : shocked2

There is no username and passwords so guess thats going to be fine. Not sure if this needs a another thread or not but people who are still using their subbed modem with their cloned modem are they just splitting the feed and using the two modems?

i'm using my subbed on the 360 and the clone on the pc.

lol ive been doing all of the above except for the outlook bit for the last 18month with no trouble

Lol me too : shocked2 glad im not on myself. Anyway Virg*n knock on the door tell em you brought it with a 12 month prepaid subscription from a bloke in the booser while drunk (Lol !!!!)

: big crow

noooooo...tell him you bought it off a man selling cable in your street.... : whip :

he had a virgin shirt on !

then they will think it's an engineer...

i'm using my subbed on the 360 and the clone on the pc.

news groups are prity safe as you dont use your password.

best stay away from email as the logs will link you to your address and account.

no point in changing configer files

what i do i i change mac every week
that will fource a new ip

I change it more if I been up to anything :D

so far had no problems.

Am I correct in saying that as the mac is tied in with the config files for a particular area and if the mac does not exist than your config file won't work. Does that mean that you exchange your mac with someone every week?

I meant change the config/mac on the clone every few months.

Is that what you mean ?

I use SMAC to spook the mac address on me pc.

news groups are prity safe as you dont use your password.

best stay away from email as the logs will link you to your address and account.

no point in changing configer files

what i do i i change mac every week
that will fource a new ip

I change it more if I been up to anything :D

so far had no problems.

Dibbers
I understand exactly what you are saying but I was not sure if Dragonlord was
saying the same as you, if you know what I mean.

yeah me to mate.

I think the outcome of this is to stay safe, not use the ISP email system, change your mac/config every now and then, SMAC your mac address

:cool:

i thought with the fersca 5100 on an ambit its in stealth so the cannot see what you are looking at.
e-mail address like orange lets you enter a fake postcode pulled ot of a regional newspaper so setup one of those and dont uses it for home addresss mail,also avoid virgin sim cards just in case.

do you know how to get the surfboard 4100 into stealth mode ? is it a case of updating the firmware ?

Cheers

Back