starview sv9600 thoughts?

very nice box, working perfectly here, seems to be a clone of the spiderbox (i`m not saying its based on the spiderbox or ripped off, they seem a generic box)

anyway spot on and has two camslots and a better menu than spider box.........

can you use the same firmware as spider and how much does it cost?

i'm interested in a cheap hd receiver and have looked at solemand/sathawk/sky box s9hd

very nice box, working perfectly here, seems to be a clone of the spiderbox (i`m not saying its based on the spiderbox or ripped off, they seem a generic box)

anyway spot on and has two camslots and a better menu than spider box.........

Spider has 2 cams as well mate, and better support than the usual starview fiascos.

hey, hold on a sec, i`m going off what i know, when you look at the spiderbox 7000hd and the sv9600 they are alsmost identical, size shape etc etc even the grill on the top is the same pattern, marklings, screw holes etc etc.

except the spiderboxx doesnt have the cam slots or component out.

i have never seen a 9000hd in the flesh so cant comment.

what i can say is that the channel listing backup from the spider box works on the starview, the process`s on boths boxs are identical, except menus, like usb functions, menus for backup, backup files are named exactly the same.

basically these boxs are of the same hardware and manufacturer.

the starview isnt a clone of the spiderbox 7000hd, i`d say they are both rebranded generic hardware.

dont get me wrong `im not against the spiderbox, all the ones i have are spot on, but the starview @ the same price as the spider beats it for me, better menu hands down.

forget the gift, that dont come into it for me.

i know starview isnt the best company in the world, but i wouldnt say the people behind the spiderbox are either, for me it all comes down to what works, and what works well.

both have easy to use menus which is all that matters for 90% of end users.

can you use the same firmware as spider and how much does it cost?

i'm interested in a cheap hd receiver and have looked at solemand/sathawk/sky box s9hd

all comes down to software mate whoever offers better support.

and no, ive been told dont use spiderbox firm on starview.

starview at it again all this box is a combo with the cable tuner removed u would think they would fix the combo first but no they rename the box and remove the cable side from it
and which firmware do u use???????? no support as usual!!!!
starview 9600 hd sat - wizardmods Satellite Forums
Take a look at both models and you will see they are the same, just extra tuner removed lol

Load spider sw on and get the jtag ready hehe.

haha these threads make me laugh, the way people are so protective over one certain type of box is ridiculous

trouble is i quite like the spiderbox, theyve been bang on for me except for innitial problems, but thats all sorted now and very happy with em all ;) infact if the spiderbox had the menu from the starview i`d be even happier :D

Back