Starview server raided

thekings

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive just heard on some other forums that the starview server has been raided so all of you who has a starview hd combo lan and starview 6 dissconect from internet and off your modem and router so it can refresh the logs. You dont want someone from the police knocking on your door. As it has happen to the person in ireland he was cs sharing in a house how stupid as he could have done it in a diffrent country would be more safer. No more cs for starview hd. This really sucks cant belive it but just tyoe in google if you dont believe me starview server raided ireland. has anbodys starview connected to istream or ustream let us know

said a few weeks back that vermin etc wouldnt just let these servers just set up and run,after spending a small fortune on nag3 changeover,seems i was right

sad thing is it may not keep them down,there is money in it and it is always the newbie that gets hit because of not doing research first.

The sad thing is someone will try and set this up again and people will fall for it again without doing any research. I am no C/S expert but reading between the lines of many post the SV servers would not be going long.
I am sure there were lots of people who did not heed the warnings that were posted on many forums in the past few months. I suppose greed gets the better of some people.
I am sorry for these who have lost money.

actually the truth is vermin or upc never traced the server the irish police discovered it by chance when seaching a house on another matter ,the uk server is back up running still pish but its working
alex

won't be long if it's a uk based server.

you promoting this service alex?

won't be long if it's a uk based server.

you promoting this service alex?
no m8 am not promoting the sv i did sell a few cartons but that was a mistake the sv has never been 100% always been loads of channels missing am just pointing out what really happened in ireland
alex

Thanks to the sever my sv 6 is up and running to say about channels missing i am only 2 down out of all lot bruty of a box lets hope it lasts

2 down not bad,have you deleted them and auto scanned to see if on new frequency,which may be on a regular basis ,oh dont use splitter on scans.

Thanks to the sever my sv 6 is up and running to say about channels missing i am only 2 down out of all lot bruty of a box lets hope it lasts

Give it a week...it will go down !
CS on virgin is just too risky i dont even know why people are doin it !

lot more than 2 down m8 disney has never been there most kids channels are missing ,mutv ,raceing plus a few others ,hopefully it will come good in next few weeks
alex

CS on virgin is just too risky i dont even know why people are doin it !

Its pretty much the same as CS on any platform. There's nothing particularly more risky on cable than any other system as long as you aren't silly about it !

The temptation, of course is to use the cable connection for both the TV and the broadband, which is obviously risky but how many people try cs whilst using sky's ADSL offering ?

Take precautions and you minimise the risk, always assuming they would actually bother to look for individual clients. Far better to take the servers down and then try to turn the clients into new VM customers.

u will be surprised at how many people actually do just use a splitter off there broadband feed to get dodgy tv .......

u will be surprised at how many people actually do just use a splitter off there broadband feed to get dodgy tv .......

How on earth else are you meant to get it? from your neighbours feed :)

Back