starview problem

stenie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all. having trouble with one box. have succesfully flashed 3 of them and all working fine. one box is only picking up 155 chnnels (125 t.v and 30 radio) doin me head in as all the sports channels are in the missing list!!! any help/ advice greatly appreciated. i know these boxes are crap but so easy to setup and its annoying the helout of me as i have tried re-flashing it several times. thanks for reading.

do a factory reset and then retry a scan and see what happens.

tried that chief no joy. thought the box might be faulty but why is it picking up some of the transponders and not the others ? seems to miss a big chunk in the centre of channel scan

dunno if a chanel dump from another box would help but dont have them anymore! nedd a dump for central scotland falkirk area if anyone can help and save me a trip to plead with someone to give me a loan of their box for an hour or so. Vive La dbox2!!! not as nice looking but by feck aren't they the mutts!

dunno if a chanel dump from another box would help but dont have them anymore! nedd a dump for central scotland falkirk area if anyone can help and save me a trip to plead with someone to give me a loan of their box for an hour or so. Vive La dbox2!!! not as nice looking but by feck aren't they the mutts!

Are you using a direct feed or have you split the signal.

Also, Autoscan on more than one provider. I did and found more channels.

Try this mate. Channel dump (all working fine as of today). Fav 1, "normal", fav 2 Sports, fav 3 UKTV and Documentary, fav 4 Music and films and fav 5 Kids. Not all channels are stored in a fav so you will have to press All to see them. Pron names as XXX at the end of the channel list.

Good luck

Try this mate. Channel dump (all working fine as of today). Fav 1, "normal", fav 2 Sports, fav 3 UKTV and Documentary, fav 4 Music and films and fav 5 Kids. Not all channels are stored in a fav so you will have to press All to see them. Pron names as XXX at the end of the channel list.

Good luck

Just had a look at your Channel Dump

You can rename the fav1,2,3,4 & 5.

Make sure your on a channel selected from all.

Menu
Channel Edit
Favorite
Rename (Blue Button).

DW 190 cheers mate. Knew that but didnt really feel the need to change the names as i knew what was in them. Someone else using the box might find it handy right enough.

thanks for the posts people but nothing seems to be working. tried deanoboys dump and channels listing ok but not picking up the extra channels. gets some ppv etc but no setanta. sky sports 1 and 3 don't work but 2 does. i flashed 2 boxes fine then this one then another one. the other 3 are fine so i guess there could be a problem with the box. strange one eh? dont know if the settings can be changed and what to change them 2 if possible. in falkirk telepest area. i'm getting to 84 tv and 24 radio (TP 12) and it seems to fail a whole chunk of them up untill about TP 29 where it picks up btvservice then fails again untill end of scan only picking up 91tv and 24 radio now. its doin me nut right in !

stenie might not work but worth a try.

i have sometimes noticed that an automatic scan doesnt pick up all channels (mind you i am only talking about the odd one) but a manual scan will. not sure if you get a stronger search this\way on single frequency. get a dbox service file for your area and try inputting the frequencies one by one. might take a half hour or so but might do the trick.

just attempted it and still no joy! picks up channels already there but not the missing ones. no signs of life in level or quality bars. totally stumped. this is on cable from my dbox and it picks up everything. i'm beat

wonder if the box is faulty perhaps a weak tuner. have you tried a booster? a few dreambox users seem to have similar problems and this often does the trick.

never thought of that. does anyone know if i can increase the strength by opening the box and tweaking something? maplins shut don't have a booster and would like to solve this problem asap and get rid of the fecking thing!

you'llget a booster from argos m8 nothing you can do tonight, also can so you do a scan in a m8's house just as a last resort

thought i'd try again. installed cryptstar 1.1, rebooted pc and switched box to standby then flashed to latest (star view_H20070129_259_api.bin) auto scan and picked up an extra 40 channels. tried manual scan again and still no joy. thought i was getting somewhere then had the wind knocked oot o' me sails once more!!

Back